Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger R/T build.

Shelbytona

Thanks guys! All i got left is the steering coloum and wheel and the interior tub is done... i'm pretty happy with how the interior turned out.

26b8cdcb.jpg

cf834532.jpg

00b1edde.jpg

f96e304f.jpg

I got the speedo and tach in the wrong spot.. I'm not gonna bother changing it tho. I'll end up ruining the decals removing it.

Edited by Shelbytona

Thanks guys! haha i don't know if i'll do the 68 charger after this one... i want to build the 68 dart next! Your 69 Charger is looking very nice! I like the colour you went with... I like mopars with the not so popular colours.. i wanna do my dart in that T9 bronze metallic.

The brown i used is Nato brown acrylic by tamiya.. it's a pretty close match and doesn't dry glossy. the black is duplicator vinyl dye.. it works great for interiors! The white is an antique white.. almost identical to ford oxford white.

I got the windows in as well as the interior light and rear view mirror. I'll glue the interior tub in tonight, then i'll begin on the motor/trans!

3d086842.jpg

Gosh dawg it man! You just had to show this thing off! Mine is terrible compared to yours! I'm sad now and drooling....... :( :(

Haha thanks! you've done a great job with yours!

I started on the engine, i was just gonna run the plug wires, but i've already gone this far so i decided to add a little more detail. I ran the PCV to the back of the carb, ran the fuel line and i will run the hose from the oil fill to the air cleaner once its on.. I've already got the holes drilled. I'll wire the battery and run the brake booster hose and that should be it for the extra under hood details.

1a78460e.jpg

Haha! My model looks like a beginner built one compared to all you pros in here! This is only my 6th build.. i used to build glue bombs when i was a kid! This kit has a few issues! the rear diff isn't centred to the wheel well.. the front seats were located to far back and the transmission doesn't fir to the motor without ALOT of sanding! thats the issues i've ran into so far.

I got some more work done today... i tried 3 times (wrecked 3 decals from various kits) to get that 440 magnum decal on the air cleaner... all the micro sol in the world won't get it on without it wrinkling!! so i puttied up the air cleaner to take the angle out it it, and it worked out perfect! I used a PE nut for the top of it as well. Anyways here's a few more pics.

1d70e962.jpg

aee50296.jpg

690c8059.jpg

Engine is done! I got my slot rims today and they look awesome!!!! :D Thanks Casey! I wanna make a 70's era dart next and those extra slot rims i got will be going on it! I'll be painting the wheels this weekend and hopefully have it on four wheels next week.

I got the firing order correct, but this distributor doesn't show it well.

7be2039a.jpg

ec3ca959.jpg

Edited by Shelbytona

That motor looks great!

Thanks!

I got the chassis and body together... I've gotta cut the front spindles and lower the front a bit, so it looks like these pics. The front sits a bit high on this model for stock ride height anyway.

f3d3754e.jpg

233193ae.jpg

736d4e27.jpg

Edited by Shelbytona