Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

How bout it there wild_chld81. Check this out. Try scratch building them out of some 2.5 inch ID pvc pipe. Cut it in half There ya go done deal. Won't even cost ya that much $$$$$ to do. I personally stay away from resin parts. Pin holes, fit, style lines, details, silicone release agents, etc. Why I say this is. Because I did 2 gmc astro day cabs for a close friend of mine who works for yellow freight. He wants to make 2 road tracors from back in the day. I said no problem. Ill do the cabs. Washed, Sanded, filled visible pinhole imperfections, Washed again to get rid of the release agent etc. Primed the cabs. Im like look at this. There were pin holes that you could not see till you put some primer on the cabs. I filled every one with a tooth pick. Sanded smooth. Reprimed them and they were good to go. When they were done I was just lookin' at them and im like ah what ever. Im a. Big cat power, 360 inch wheelbase, Air ride all the way around, 22.5 LP Tires, 127 inch long hood, louvered grill, Vintage rectangle peterbilt hood emblems, double round headlights, dual vortox air cleaners, 8 inch strait pipes, texas front bumper, 18 inch drop visor, wti fendered, Peterbilt conventional day cab kinda guy. The gmc astros were still cool tho. I just noticed little stuff like the resin casting was not perfect like rivet detail, door gaps, and other little things. There is no better feeling than working with a perfect factory piece of plastic out of a kit or better yet fabricating a part or whatever out of styrene plastic, aluminum or stainless steel. Talk to you guys later. 8)