Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fun with vettes!

4bangen

I'm not normally a chevy guy, and never have been a fan of vette's. But I had to buy one recently to kit-bash for another project. This left me with an engine less 98 pace car. I thought great, what do I don with this? And then I remembered I had a C6-R in the closet. I had a brain storm and badda-bing!

DSC_0126.jpg

and then....

DSC_0129.jpg

thanks, The 98 is going back in the box for now but the C6-R vert is gong to see some more bench time. waiting on some putty to dry right now, then a little sand and primer. right now I'm trying to decide if its going to get two seats or one. Not sure how much street car will end up in it.

Really cool idea. I love Vettes and owned few in my past. I even wrapped one around a poll with about 120 and lived to tell the story. I think it will be one hell of a model that Vert, but since it has no roof I would loose the wing. Big wings never look cool on convertibles. Mabe make a little lip at the end of the tail or a really low profile wing, but that huge thing will look odd at best. Just my two cents. I will definitely be following this build. My kind of stuff.

I'm not normally a chevy guy, and never have been a fan of vette's. But I had to buy one recently to kit-bash for another project. This left me with an engine less 98 pace car. I thought great, what do I don with this? And then I remembered I had a C6-R in the closet. I had a brain storm and badda-bing!

DSC_0126.jpg

and then....

DSC_0129.jpg

Sweet! a Badabing!!! Gonna look wicked!! hehe

I will consider that. I want to make sure I get the racecar look out of it.

I understand. And this is what I love about your idea. But don't you think that wider fenders, lower stance, agressive intakes, race hood, open headlights and rear diffuser make this point clear? You can plant the entire interior tube from the regular car in your custom body to match the "waterfall" between the seats and then put nice racing seats and accent everything with Carbon Fiber. Nothing visually screams racing more than racing buckets with 4/5 point harness surrounded by CF.

I understand. And this is what I love about your idea. But don't you think that wider fenders, lower stance, agressive intakes, race hood, open headlights and rear diffuser make this point clear? You can plant the entire interior tube from the regular car in your custom body to match the "waterfall" between the seats and then put nice racing seats and accent everything with Carbon Fiber. Nothing visually screams racing more than racing buckets with 4/5 point harness surrounded by CF.

i like the way you think.

The cut convertible body could be made into a Vette El Camino! (convertible of course!)

Love your idea of a race care based street convertible!

thanks, and as for the doner car, I was thinking maybe something along these lines.

5931148601_7a870887dd.jpg

but thats a build for another day.

update, got some putty primer and color on it. Its mostly a guide coat, I have not decided on a final color yet. I did fill in the slots for the wing, and smoothed out the grafting spot. I also decided that the race car bucket will stay but some touches of the factory car will be grafted in.

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

that's it for now.

thanks, and as for the doner car, I was thinking maybe something along these lines.

5931148601_7a870887dd.jpg

but thats a build for another day.

I've never seen anything like that before. I would love to see how you pull that off. That's not to mean I don't think you can do it just that I would like to see HOW you do it. I look forward to seeing more of this