Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hello Professor Suarez and fellow styrene addicts.

I've been following the Dr. Cranky on YouTube for some time now and have decided to join the Zombie Hunt.

Here is my build based on Monogram's '80 Ford Bronco.

Still pretty rough, but gradually getting there.

Bronco_3.jpgBronco_1.jpg

Al

So, here is my living will just in case Super Bowl Sunday shift (aaaaaalllllllll daaaaaaaaaayyyyy LOOOOOONG) succeeds in giving me an aneurysm from all the mindless BS I'm gonna deal with along with non-stop go go go from minute one til waaaaay into the late night-

Take my models and all my parts, and finish them, good doctor!

....just kidding- I won't really die...

...but I am definitely NOT looking forward to tomorrow.

Good night boils and ghouls, I'll try to get SOMETHING done build-wise in the next few days.

Updatemockup.jpg

As you can see i ll go for a newer car and old tech. My picture of future is that in a world where allmost all recourses has been used there will not be any car bodys made out of metal left,or if there are they are so rare that allmost no one will be able to drive around in one.

After the big tumult in 2012 all the engines that contaned any sort of computer guided tech has become obsolite allmost over night. So resourcefull TECHNICIAN starteted to use pre compurezide engines in non metal bodies. So thats why i ll be using a 454 and a 63 vette irs.

By the way just realised that a zombialienmonster some how has been able to sneek up on me and got up on my bed. Well have to turn one of the roof mounted plasma canons it s way and blast it to hell :)

Edited by patami

Busy day today:

I had my junkyard collection of parts arrive on Friday. Would you believe there was not a single 1:25 supercharger in the lot! Drag car - engine missing. Rear engined Hemi - front and rear blower plates, but the blower itself was no where. Lots of flatheads in near useless condition. There was a monster truck in 1:20(?) scale that had a blower though. Mostly a little presure popped all of the glue joints which were over paint - until I got to the blower, and that was well and truly stuck! It is now stuck on the caddy engine instead. The engine has been raised about 5mm at the front to make it "more in your face". 1:20 blower and its wonderful belt were attached after a suitable manifold was bodged together. Gaping maw of a blower scoop is being made. Kudos if you recognise what it started out as.

The interior is full of nastiness, but it isn't grotty enough yet. Whatever the grotty stuff is, it is holding onto the steering wheel.

The horrible muck dribbling down its sides is 5 minute araldite that has been painted with polishable Mr Color Dark Iron paint. Other dribbles are clear red and smoke from Tamiya, and fluoro green from a 22 year old Mr Color jar. Wheels were aqua/pale blue from the junkyard lot. I vaguely recall owing a car that was that color, but have no recolection of what it was. Perhaps I just had the wheels from another junkyard lot. A fellow gave me his left overs when I worked at a hobby shop.

P1000585-vi.jpg

P1000583-vi.jpg

My other build giving it a shunt.

P1000584-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

All right, folks, the Fotki has been updated and so far it has about 35 builds represented. If you don't like your picture or think you can submit a better one, you still have time.

http://public.fotki.com/vsuarez666/voodoo-customs-chop-shop/misc/toothless-zombie-hu/?cmd=uploadapplet3&w=1440&h=900

Some updated pics. http://tzhsquad2012

Will somebody let me know if this link works. Having problems uploading pics again (still). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I know it's so easy...a monkey or a zombie can do it. There should be 3 new pics of my truck in camo and the new gun. Weathering and detailing will be next. Thanks.

As I promised, below is the updated caravan list. I will once again be away for the weekend, so I will try not to miss anything in the updates when I come back.

Virgil Suarez aka Doctor Cranky - 'The Claw', 'Sniper' and a diorama for all of us aka HIGHWAY TO HELL!!

Mark Thompson - 41 Cheby truck?

Dirk Pitt?

Scott De Angelo - twisted metal black replica of roadkill

Tony Turnbull - AMT '61 Galaxi named 'Galaxium'

Hollywood Jim

Neal Cunningham aka outlaw035 - chevell named 'CheveHell'

Jairus Watson?

Wayne Gray aka Agent G - Revell Silverado (thinking some form of command/recon truck.)

Jim Kennish - giving it a go, although he's not sure what he's building yet

Erik Hendo - dude buggy with a twist

Chuck Most - In, just doesn't know when or with what

Rob Mattis - scratch building the 'Puma ATRV (All Terrain Recon Vehicle)

Bobby Willard aka B-Dub - Mack and tank

Rodney Badger - In and using the Monogram RamCharger

Anthony McCormak - wants to know how many vehicles he can build!!

Randall Lyon - He's in not sure what he's building yet though

Erik Davis - Not a clue what he will use, but all for smashing zombies

John Derek Barnes - 69 Charager zombie hunting scout

Shane Moore - D.O.H tin kit 69 charger named 'Nukes of Hazzard'

Robert Love - He starts tonight!!

Mike Rousseau?

Rob Lee - many many builds

Lane Allen - he made mud. REAL mud.

Andy Hobbs - his idea wil be epic if he can pull it off

Paul Cowell - has a ghostbusters caddy, a tank, and Anikens podracer to build with

Cole Boswell - Rat rod zombie killing machine

Derrick Six - making some zombie figures

Don Garret - Peterbil 359 and probably a Huey for good measure

Tim Myers - Never done a CB so may have to give this a try. Anything goes.

Curtis Bertschi - Volkswagen Beetle

Danny Somma formerly Bronxrumble5 - Dodge Dart

Andy Shoberg - Try his hand and have some fun

Patrik Aminoff - 06 z1 vette named Apocal Vette

Darren Bishop - needs to figure out what to build and get started

Austin Tyler?

Ryan Weinstein - his model will have to be in somewhere around the 3rd week of december

Chris Eddy - building completely from parts and materials he has on hand

John Verkerk - 71 - 73 Vega named 'VEGADEATH'!!

Jamie Lambert - hasn't built a model in over 24 years

Joe Zelanis - new to the hobby but I'm in with a 1-1/2 ton truck named 'Ice Breaker'

Patrick Mosier - 69 Dodge Charger

Michael Hensley - Peterbuilt wrecker

Hugh Grubb - never done this type of vehicle, but in with a Monster truck named 'The Tenderizer'

Jonathan Stephens?

Barry Harker - lots of great work

Mike Laliberte?

Roger K Damron - 69 Dodge 440 six pack

Efren Alonso - Chevrolet c1500 454ss witha mustard bottle

Dale Mickley - 66 Chevell wagon named 'Meet Munchie'

Hadi Rochmansyah - newbie wants to participate

August Carter - going through his 'stash' to see what he can come up with

Steve Gilmore aka Blazfox - boss 429 named 'outlaw 429 ', peterbuilt 359 'RoadRage'

David A. Gudzinas?

Ron Masterman - old muscle car named 'Dragon Tooth'

Levi Johnson - 1941 Ford Woody

Dylan Simpson - 06 Hertz mustang named 'MIA'

Harry Pristovnik?

Rick Schmidt - Dodge Challenger (I think)

Dave Van - doesn't need more projects, but he's sucked in now

Wayne Stevens Jr. - Tamiya Land Cruiser

Shane F Decker - never tried this kind of build, but would like to expand his knowledge

Michael Courson - 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup truck named 'Project Heavy Metal'

Stoney Stone - not sure what to build yet

Terry Locco - In as soon as Uncle Sam kicks some extra funds his way

Rylan Kapuy - Peterbuilt 359

Donn Yost - He's IN!!

Ron 'Pops' Royston - Dodge Magnum Wagon

Luis Aguilar - toyota hilux

Keith Prins - 57 chevy hardtop

Robert Daws - Ghost Buster ecto 1a named 'Zombillac'

Paul B. - taxi

Aj/LeBaron/Ten Speed - joining but doesn't have a clue what to build

Ryan Silva - merc

Matt21726 - dart

Ian White - mini cooper named 'Holly's Zombie Outreach'

Joe Chernauskas - Jurassic Park Mercedes Benz

Ken Stone - 09 Dodge Challenger, (Merc named 'Prickle Ball')?

Tom Kren - thinking about doing one and lives in Ohio!

Eelco Egelmeer - Chevelle named 'Galloper'

Harold Guinter - f-250 named 'The Rig'

Ryan Silva - Monster truck named 'The Hangman'

Jerred Crooker - Monster truck semi

Danno Classified?

Daniel Gabriel - Revell Acura (sorry man, I don't speak spanish and google translate kinda sucks, so I don't know what the rest of your email said)

Those with question marks next to your names, you have posted to this thread but have not made it clear if you ar joining or not. I have only posted select pieces of what people have said they will work on when they started or have let me know after I made this list, and have not really gone through and updated what you guys are actually working on. I counted 84, including the names with question marks.

If you guys email me what your building and the name of it, I will keep an updated list of who is working on what that I can post each week or two. Email me your name as it appears in my list or if you are not on the list and want to be (and if you are on the list and aren't participating), let me know at Uberdeath322@gmail.com. Any other info you want included in the list, let me know.