Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show your Ed Roth Stuff!

Mr.Zombie

Hello, Ed Roth is my hero. In every aspect you can imagine, his drawings, pinstripes, cars, personality. Whatever it is, I am interested in, and enjoy looking at his stuff. I was searching for a thread with his stuff around here, but didn't find much. And f I found something, it was really werid keywords, would be nice to have it all in one place. So please, link any of your finished Ed Roth builds here. Maybe you can tell something about those models? Which one is the worst, wich one might be the easiest?

I met Big Daddy in Chicago at a hobby show. The real Beatnik Bandit II was there and there were Revell kits for purchasing. I bought one and had it authographed by him. Later I gave it to a good friend we used to go to model shows together.

many years ago I have built the Beatnik Bandit I and II , but the models are long gone.

I have however the original Beatnik Bandit in 1:18 Diecast.

Edited by mrm

That Mysterion looks really good. From I have heard they are not easy to build.

Thanks, Michael. The Mysterion kit is a bit of a challenge to build. My biggest issue is, it has a lot of very tiny chrome parts, which, of course, have to be scraped before they are glued together. Revell did a great job of replicating this Roth creation, down to every itty bitty chassis and suspension part, but wow, my eyes were fried after I finished up with those sub-assemblies! Other than that, the body-to-interior bucket-to-chassis fit was problematic. I had to chop, trim, and manipulate things into alignment, BUT, it finally went together! I swapped out the kit's plain black rear tires and chrome wheels for a nice set of Modelhaus resin whitewall slicks and deep dish 5-spoke wheels from a Barris T Buggy kit. I also modified the kit's headlights......the big cyclops light doesn't even come with a lens!! I found a suitable one in the parts box. Then I cut the heads off of some straight pins and glued them into small holes in the center of each of the two headlights, to mimic the look of the old Lucas lights.

Overall, I like how the Mysterion turned out, and I'm looking forward to building the Road Agent next. Hopefully THAT kit will be a little easier to get together. :rolleyes:

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66