Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Corvette Coupe

Qwit Pushin

First 'OTW' post, so please be gentle. ;)

I'm working on a '67 Corvette Build -stock - but will add some additional detail as I go. First question to those who've successfully completed this kit: I'm concerned about ride height, as many photos of the completed model show what seems to me to be an unusually 'high-riding' stance. Is that correct? In the second photo I've indicated the area I intend to re-work to bring the rear suspension closer to the body, but wanted some input from anyone who's familiar with the kit/1:1 car as to whether that's accurate.

Also, are there any other aspects of this kit that I should be aware of?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

P1020918.jpg

P1020915.jpg

Edited by Qwit Pushin

Cannot help you with youre question but I would say that if the car looks better lowered, lower it. Acurate or not. In my opinion, all cars look better with a 2 inch drop. But the actual purpose of this posting is to ask you how you made the redlines on the tires.

I've built the conv version of this kit but not the coupe. I found it to be one of the best fitting kits that I've ever built although the tolerances were tight so test fit and dry fit everything before introducing glue. It may sit a smidge nose high but not enough to be detracting. I used one of the MCG kits to provide some photoetch details and of course some engine wiring but did little more. It is one of Revell-Monograms best kits.

Rob W

I've built the conv version of this kit but not the coupe. I found it to be one of the best fitting kits that I've ever built although the tolerances were tight so test fit and dry fit everything before introducing glue. It may sit a smidge nose high but not enough to be detracting. I used one of the MCG kits to provide some photoetch details and of course some engine wiring but did little more. It is one of Revell-Monograms best kits.

Rob W

Thanks for the info Rob!! Not using photo-etch this time, but if I like this kit enough, I may opt for a more detailed version later. This one will have the braided plug wires, however.