Model Cars Magazine Forum

39 Chevy Sedan Delivery "Bomba"

Ajay

Been staring at my pile of kits try to decide what to do next and as I've always liked the older style lows thought I'd make a start on this one. It's the old Revell kit - fairly rudimentary in places - no interior door panels or inner fenders. The rims are from Pegasus with Hoppin Hydros centre caps & spinners.

I undecided at the moment whether to build it kerbside or not.I'll post more progress as I make it.

39chevy.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

I've decided to add the straight 6 engine from the Galaxie 46-48 Chevy kit. I've added the cross members from the Galaxie kit to the Revell frame to ensure good location -I've also added the inner fenders (suitably cut down) from the Galaxie kit as they're not included in the Revell one.

I've removed the moulded in door handles and drilled a hole ready to accept the Galaxie ones.

39chevy1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andy

Looking Andy, and Can't go wrong with an old Stovebolt 8) Needs a bit of Chrome Dressup Accessories to be a True "Bomba" under the hood though :wink:

Thanks Steve - I'll be getting the Alclad ii out at some stage :wink:

Cheers

Andy

Took adavantage of the good weather over here to spray the basecoat which is Citroen Wicked Red Metallic - I'll let it cure for a couple of days before clearcoating. Just to give you an idea of the colour :-

39chevy2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Just a quick update on the paint - spent some time polishing the clear with various grades of Micro-Mesh followed by Tamiya fine then finish polishing compound.

39chevy3.jpg

39chevy4.jpg

Excuse the polishing compound in the panel lines. I guded the rear door closed as I don't trust the kit hinges !.

Hope to make some progress on the engine soon.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Just a couple of pics of the completed engine from the Galaxie kit - I've not added a great deal except ignition leads & fuel line. I had to reduce the height of the airfilter as it fouled the hood. I've done the engine without any chrome as the Alclad rubbed off wth handling.

39chevy5.jpg

39chevy6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

hi andy,

everything looks really good. i love the engine. what did you use for the boots on the spark plug wires?? nice paint.

Hi Bob

Thanks for the kind words - I'm afraid I can't remember exactly what wire I used (it was just sititng lose in the spares box) but I think it was probably a coolant hose that I stripped the copper wires out of which luckilty happened to fit the plus & plug wire.

I'm sorry I can't give you a definite answer.

Regards

Andy

Love the paint Andy! It's going to be a killer, as usual... :wink: You seem to like the Citroen colors, any particular reason, like work at a Citroen dealer...??? :roll:

Thanks Hans

No I don't work at a Citreon dealer (in fact I work in Insurance :oops: but it pays the bills) - it's just that the Citroen Posidion blue & Wicked red caught my eye as I wandered round the paint rack at the local auto spares store as they were nice "bright" colours.

(The store staff must think I'm a graffitti artist due to all the cans of paint I buy :lol:).

Cheers

Andy

Just a quick update - I've built up the chassis and installed the rims & engine -as usual I haven't done any chassis detailing as it won't be seen.

39chevy7.jpg

As the kit doesn't include any interior door panels I've adapted the Galaxie kit interior panels to fit and I'll use the Galaxie Bench seat as the Revell kit comes with some nasty 70's high back seats.

39chevy8.jpg

A couple of shots of a dry run with everything put together - the sunvisor is just made from plastic card and needs a bit more work.

39chevy9.jpg

39chevy10.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy