Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat 643N Fire Ladder Truck Done... Pics page 2...

Hello guys, long time that I don't write on MCM, but now I'm back... :)

This time I want scratch build an old Italian truck. It is a Fiat...

Here a reference picture, so for who don't know this truck, can have an idea. My idea is to build the same cab, but used on a two or three axle truck.

fiat682n2motricea3assic.jpg

Here a little step cutting the side.

51047131.jpg

And here a little idea of the cab. It needs tons of works...

3vid.jpg

Edited by Brizio

Thank you both guys!

Cardboard???? my goodness that will come up great, look forward to more

Yes, I like use material that I can find easily in the house for build my models.

Here another one in 1/24 it is a 1944 Armored Lancia 3RO, used a the end of WWII in Italy. All scratch build, with opening door and moving steering wheels and turret.

90693178.jpg

44305887.jpg

18579404.jpg

I didn't make any progress lately, I'm kind of sad/disappointed, because I order some wheels and tire for this truck from a kind of famous truck resin website. And I got the tires. First of all, there is a big space between the wheels and the inside of the tire.

I was kind of disappointed, after seen that so I contact the seller, he told me to fill up the space with plasticard. And if I'm not happy with them, he told me to send them back for a refund. Think that I paid almost $30 for 4 tires and wheels. But any way, I did fill up the space on all 4 tires, and it came out pretty good. But I notice that the tread on the tire is not flat... So I decide to trash all the tires...

Was not worth for me to spend other money for ship the tires back, next time I will buy a whole kit for the same money o little more, at least I have a great product to work with.

Here you can see the space.

18vi.jpg

Here the tread, this is one of the best tire. If I sand it, I will not have any trad left.

19vi.jpg

that's a shame on the tires; i hope you kept the wheels. how do you get filler to stick/stay on cardboard? i remember lots of modelers using "file card" and manila folder paper for interior tubs, etc, but never for whole assemblies.... very intriguing! please elaborate a little on your technique.

I foud a kit on ebay that works. I should have bought it before... But... I trash also the wheels, because those are half wheels, only the front part, the rar part is on the tire.

Pretty much I use the cardboard like the plastic. I build what I want, a coat of primer, some sanding, maybe putty, sanding again, primer and if is all ok, the final color.

A few hours ago he send me an email telling me that if I want he can send me some rubber tires.

But, I had to refuse his offer, I already bought a kit on ebay. I refuse his offer for two reason.

1) I trashed wheels and tires.

2) The wheels that I bought from him are only half, the other half is on the tire, so if I mount those wheels on rubber tires I need to build or find the other half (back) of the wheels.

And honestly, I don't want to spend more time on adjust tires/wheels. I already spent too much...

Hopeful this week I will receive the kit, so I can go ahead and build this truck, before I loose interest on it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Brizio, good to see another cardstock builder on this forum most of my trucks R built this way but they R not as good as yours, one day maybe but at 60 years of age I doubt it wobbly hands and eye glasses don't help but hey I enjoy it and many people luv my models. Great work on U'r trucks by the way Brizio and one nasty cut there hope it get healed up real soon.

Dingo B)

A little more...

The rear part, I put some washers because I want that the ladder free to move right and left, and up and down and have a good base.

8vir.jpg

Those parts are the "legs" cover and "feet".

9vi.jpg

Interior panels, and front grille frame. I can say that this is very accurate, the real tuck had cardboard panels... ;D ;D ;D

23viz.jpg

Here the interior and hood done. With and grey.

32vi.jpg

Dashboard done...

25vi.jpg

Seats, the comfy one is the passenger one... :)

16vir.jpg

Seats done... Need only paint. They will be satin black the seat and back part, the frame in flat black.

17vi.jpg

Here the ladder carrier. It will be attached a the bed of the truck, and "secure" to it with a screw-bolt...

5vii.jpg

And here the top part, were actually the ladder will be.

7vip.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I still can't believe I finish it... A lot of fun building it... :)

The front wheels turn right ad left, the ladder goes up and down, and turn 360. The doors are glued. I opted for glue them because i like it better with all doors open so you can see inside. :)

Here some picture of it...

80vi.jpg

Here looks that there is no mirror on the left door, but it is there and reflecting the ground. Funny I didn't notice it until now.

66vi.jpg

63vi.jpg

75vi.jpg

This one is my favorite picture of it.

86vi.jpg