Model Cars Magazine Forum

25th Scale Intake Manifolds , TorqueFlites , etc .

Perhaps this has come up before ad nauseaum , but here it is again :

Does anyone make 1/25 scale intake manifolds ?

In particular , I'm looking for a Six Pack / 6 Bbl induction (including carbs and air cleaner) for the AMT 1971 Charger's 440 .

An outright "conversion" set would be best ; a set which also includes non-a/c belt & pulley arrangement .

Also , how about 25th scale TorqueFlites ?

An a/c "delete" accessory setup would be welcomed for the AMT Duster 340 . The 'Street Machine' version has that exact setup ; however , it's not worth buying this kit off of eBay , only to pirate its engine accessories !

Please provide links if you would :-)

Thanks !

I just check my parts stash and I'll try to help. The 69 GTX kit (hardtop) has both 6 bbl and 4 bbl intakes and carbs, it also has 2 belt/pully set ups, 1 with and 1 w/o power steering. The 70 Super Bee kit also has both belt/pully set ups but only the 6 bbl intake/carbs. The belt pully sets will work on the 71 Duster's 340 or 71 Charger 440 to eliminate the A/C. Automatic transmissions can be found in the 71 Charger or any of Lindberg's 64 Dodge kits, but to put them behind the Duster's 340 you'll have to do some cutting so the resin option may be best there. The Lindberg 64 Dodge kits also have belt/pully with no P/S and will work on both the 340 or 440 engines. Also, if you can find a Lindberg "Color Me Gone" version of the 64 Dodge it has the ONLY correct set of big block headers which can be used on the 71 Charger's 440, although not completely correct with a little tweeking they can also be used on the 71 Duster's 340. Also, though still not correct, small block Chevy headers from the AMT Nascar kits will also work on the 71 Duster's 340 engine. One more note, if you raid an automatic transmission from the 71 Charger you can swap the 4 speed trans/bellhousing from the 69 GTX or 70 Super Bee kits (might be easier to just swich the whole engine/trans) you would also need to swich the rear ends between these kits. The 71 Charger kit has an 8 3/4 rear while the 69 GTX and 70 Super Bee has a Dana 60. Between these kits you should be able to build almost any combination you want.