Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your biggest distractions?

Discounting all the other usual distractions in life (computer, wife, TV, 1:1 vehicles) I'd say my biggest distraction in model building is my own imagination. I'll get working on something and then have a random idea for something else and I keep jumping around. At the moment I have 9 projects on the go and whaddya know I have an idea for something else! It never ends.

• 3 months later...

Aside from trying to round up work for my business, my music is my biggest distraction. I've played bass for 30 years, and been fortunate enough to play with some pretty well known musicians.

For you gearheads out there, I have 1600 watts of "headroom".

post-9555-0-59841400-1337165775_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-48801800-1337165787_thumb.jp

Work. Can spoil the best of days.

LOL!! whs.gifMy biggest problem these days is by the time I get home from work after being on my feet for 10-12 hours... I walk the dog, start dinner, and do the 1,001 things a house requires, my feet are shot. It's all I can do to get in the recliner and get `em up high. My workbench doesn't allow that luxury. And my days off (such as today...) is divided between doing the bigger household chores (today I'm replacing 2 bedroom and the bathroom doors...) I have no time. Throw in that cruise season is here and I'm usually putzing around with the 1:1 cars.Junkman is right... I need to do something about that "job" issue. th_laugh2.gif

for me its dermatitus and eczema, i've been out of action for nearly two weeks as my hands are all cut and i have no dexterity when they get bad. I have two builds nearly finished and i'm chomping at the bit to get started on some others !

Until recently I'd say my computer (which I try not to take to the shop with me) and TV (don't have one in the shop, YET). But I've actually finished 6 or 7 builds this year already. It's been a great year as far as building in concerned. Other areas of my life on the other hand have gone to hell, which might actually slow the building down as the depression kicks in.

Edited by JamesW