Model Cars Magazine Forum

HALLOWEEN 2012--If You Celebrate It, Here's A Fun Proposition

Dr. Cranky

You were joking!?! Too bad. Now you'll never reach your possible potential, & will fall back into the morass of mediocrity.

In case you missed it, in both this post & my prior one to you, I was being sarcastic. SInce you did obviously miss that, you might want to rethink missing the chance to join that gang. Engineering might be a wee bit beyond your grasp.

Whatever you say.

LoL! Dude, UBA rebel! B)

I don't get it :lol:

Maybe you need a refresher course in basic English comprehension?

No, my comprehension is excellent. It's when you contradict yourself in the same post that confusion reigns. Perhaps you might consider reading what you wrote again, then you might see what I mean.......

So, let me get this straight; some people can post whatever they like, whenever they like, on anything that they like here, & others with a different opinion need to "move on"? Did I get it right?

Nice to see that the "moderation" here is so "fair" & "balanced". Nope, no bias or favoritism shown here.

Just for the record "moderator", before you take offense at my truthful comments, just remember that you can overlook them just as easily as you tell others to do with other posts they they dislike. Six of one, a half dozen of the other........ If you choose to reply to this post, that's your choice made freely by you. I, (nor anyone else), held a gun to your head & made you read it or reply to it.

This post will be deleted by one of the "moderators" in 5....4....3....2....1....

LOL I love this place! I'm here to stay, or...not. LMAO

LOL :lol:

He put the unnecessary apostrophe in "its". Yet I'm the dumb one. Oh, the irony.

Do tell, are you referring to this statement I made?

"It's when you contradict yourself in the same post that confusion reigns."

If so, you do realize that "it's" is a contraction of "it is" & therefore an apostrophe is correct grammar?

Oh the irony indeed.......

Oh, that explains so much about you young Andy. You have no idea how much it explains.

Actually, I do. Got a rusty nut? Whack it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

About my "young self"..

Do tell, are you referring to this statement I made?

"It's when you contradict yourself in the same post that confusion reigns."

This one "through it's twists & turns."

Common sense, no apostrophe.

UH OH, HERE COME THE GRAMMAR NAZIS!

Edited by SuperStockAndy

Yet you take it so stupidly serious...

Not really. I look upon this forum as a sociological experiment more than anything else now, somewhat like Pavlov's dog. Ring the bell & salivation ensues.

There are a lot of people on here that take this hobby way to seriously and forgot to have fun with it.

Oh I have a lot of fun with the hobby, moreso with those that take such comments so seriously.

You are one funny guy. :lol:

I'm going to try & explain this to you. Do try to follow along:

No reason for me to delete this post. But I will answer you.

You misunderstand my comments. Everyone is free to post away to their heart's content, as long as they post within the forum rules (no swearing, no personal attacks, etc. You all know the drill).

And if anyone here doesn't like what another member has posted, or how often they post, or on what subject they post, etc., that member has the option of either ignoring the person who's posts they don't like... or they have the option of joining another forum.

I'm not trying to force or persuade anyone to join another forum. All I said was that if this forum, for whatever reason, bothers you or in any way doesn't meet your expectations, move on to one that does. I can't explain it in any simpler terms than that.

Now, in your third sentence, you extolled the "freedom" to post, (as long as the forum rules are followed), to one's hearts content.

Then you turn around & say that if someone dislikes a post made by another & expresses that dislike, then they have the option of ignoring said person/posts or of joining another forum. Now, as long as the person expressing the differeing opinion does so within the forum rules, then why must they merely ignore the other person?

See the contradiction? Some people can say & do as they like & never get called on it, Let someone post a differing opinion from that "chosen few", & you tell them to ignore things &/or move on to another forum.

Nope, no bias here..........

Edited by Bob Turner

One last time, and then I give up with you.

Anyone can post here as often as they like as long as they post within the forum rules.

So if Bob Turner makes a post that I think is asinine (heaven forbid)... or posts too often for my liking... or posts about subjects that I find banal or uninteresting, or in any way offends my delicate sensibilities, I have several choices: Either ignore Bob Turner's threads by not clicking on them (hey, there's an idea!), or not bother reading any of Bob Turner's posts, or, if I was so completely, utterly devastated by the damage that Bob Turner was doing to my psyche, I have the option of leaving this forum and joining one where Bob Turner would no longer torment my fragile psychological makeup.

The one choice I would not have is to make personal attacks on Bob Turner, as that would be a violation of forum rules.

I hope I have made myself clear enough to you.

One last time, and then I give up with you.

Anyone can post here as often as they like as long as they post within the forum rules.

So if Bob Turner makes a post that I think is asinine (heaven forbid)... or posts too often for my liking... or posts about subjects that I find banal or uninteresting, or in any way offends my delicate sensibilities, I have several choices: Either ignore Bob Turner's threads by not clicking on them (hey, there's an idea!), or not bother reading any of Bob Turner's posts, or, if I was so completely, utterly devastated by the damage that Bob Turner was doing to my psyche, I have the option of leaving this forum and joining one where Bob Turner would no longer torment my fragile psychological makeup.

The one choice I would not have is to make personal attacks on Bob Turner, as that would be a violation of forum rules.

I hope I have made myself clear enough to you.

That is clear. The connection it has to your original comments is somewhat tenuous, but hey, whatever spin helps you to sleep at night.

Harry - was that a thinly veiled threat or some sort? Doesn't that violate some sort of rule around here? all I did was post some pics of Popcorn. does that violate a forum rule of some sort? Just trying to understand, that's all...

"Fair" & "balanced" here, remember? No bias whatsoever........

Edited by Bob Turner

Harry - was that a thinly veiled threat or some sort? Doesn't that violate some sort of rule around here? all I did was post some pics of Popcorn. does that violate a forum rule of some sort? Just trying to understand, that's all...

Come on, Mike. You know exactly what I mean... ;)

It's bad enough that I have to play these silly word games with some people in the name of "moderating" this place. Do you really have to jump in on that, too?