Model Cars Magazine Forum

HALLOWEEN 2012--If You Celebrate It, Here's A Fun Proposition

Dr. Cranky

Thanks, Andy.

Lane, pay attention, you DON'T have to dress up as your favorite driver. Just think about the connection between a model you could build and a costume you would think it's cool to wear.

For example, you like Jame Bond, that one is easy. Pick one of his many subjects that is in kit form, and then you can dress up like James Bond, pick your favorite Bond, etc . . .

Get the idea?

Now you are talking. Yeah, that's it. Shoot, the 50s alone can generate a whole bunch of great combinations.

I've never been to Graceland (not yet anyway) but I hear the King has all his cars there. Another idea to look into, sure.

All you have to do is mark it on the calendar and keep an eye open for that special kit that's going to trigger the costume idea!

Hey, John (and others)... you already know this-but if you're not interested, here's a clue: don't click on the thread. Ignore it. Save yourself the indignation and suffering.

You're right on this Harry. I wanna know if the DR. lays awake at night thinking of new threads to post......

I'm gonna be Kowalski!

anyway...I'd like to know what the big deal is about his post count? Don't give me the bandwidth excuse like i've seen others do. I think bandwidth stopped being an issue when dialup became obsolete. I can pay $6 a month for unlimited bandwidth, even if Gregg is paying co-location server fee's I dont think Cranks posting habit is an issue. if it was Gregg probably would have pulled him aside long ago and said uhhh, hey doc..can ya relax? I'm going broke here!!

It's a forum...post away!

You do realize that your membership here is voluntary and not mandatory?

You don't like it here? Fine, you have every right to your opinion. So go somewhere else. No hard feelings, that's just simple logic. Why hang out at a forum that you don't like and complain about it when you have the option of going to any of dozens of other forums that you might like better?

I've had just about all the "constructive criticism" I need lately. You don't like it here? Move on.

So, let me get this straight; some people can post whatever they like, whenever they like, on anything that they like here, & others with a different opinion need to "move on"? Did I get it right?

Nice to see that the "moderation" here is so "fair" & "balanced". Nope, no bias or favoritism shown here.

Just for the record "moderator", before you take offense at my truthful comments, just remember that you can overlook them just as easily as you tell others to do with other posts they they dislike. Six of one, a half dozen of the other........ If you choose to reply to this post, that's your choice made freely by you. I, (nor anyone else), held a gun to your head & made you read it or reply to it.

This post will be deleted by one of the "moderators" in 5....4....3....2....1....

Edited by Bob Turner

So, let me get this straight; some people can post whatever they like, whenever they like, on anything that they like here, & others with a different opinion need to "move on"? Did I get it right?

You did indeed get it correct.

Nice to see that the "moderation" here is so "fair" & "balanced". Nope, no bias or favoritism shown here.

Again, correct, no bias.

Just for the record "moderator", before you take offense at my truthful comments, just remember that you can overlook them just as easily as you tell others to do with other posts they they dislike. Six of one, a half dozen of the other........ If you choose to reply to this post, that's your choice made freely by you. I, (nor anyone else), held a gun to your head & made you read it or reply to it.

This post will be deleted by one of the "moderators" in 5....4....3....2....1....

No reason for me to delete this post. But I will answer you.

You misunderstand my comments. Everyone is free to post away to their heart's content, as long as they post within the forum rules (no swearing, no personal attacks, etc. You all know the drill).

And if anyone here doesn't like what another member has posted, or how often they post, or on what subject they post, etc., that member has the option of either ignoring the person who's posts they don't like... or they have the option of joining another forum.

I'm not trying to force or persuade anyone to join another forum. All I said was that if this forum, for whatever reason, bothers you or in any way doesn't meet your expectations, move on to one that does. I can't explain it in any simpler terms than that.

Ah, a comment by young Andy, MCM's answer to a question nobody asked.

Isn't it near your bedtime young Andy?

Nope, I'm eating pizza, ice cream, and drinking Mountain Dew, I'm going to bed at 4 am, so I flunk my huge test tomorrow, gonna join a gang

Edited by SuperStockAndy

Nope, I'm eating pizza, ice cream, and drinking Mountain Dew, I'm going to bed at 4 am, so I flunk my huge test tomorrow, gonna join a gang

Well it's good that you're trying to better yourself. There's a lot of room for improvement there & you have the potential.

Well it's good that you're trying to better yourself. There's a lot of room for improvement there & you have the potential.

Well thank you. I someday hope to be an engineer...

But in case you didn't pick up, I was joking.

It also seems you think the moderators on this forum don't do their job. Well, there's a certain forum, where if you said what you've said here, you would've been banned without question. Be thankful for what you got.

Just lock this topic now.....

I doubt the moderators will feel it's necessary to do so.

Edited by SuperStockAndy

No reason for me to delete this post. But I will answer you.

You misunderstand my comments. Everyone is free to post away to their heart's content, as long as they post within the forum rules (no swearing, no personal attacks, etc. You all know the drill).

And if anyone here doesn't like what another member has posted, or how often they post, or on what subject they post, etc., that member has the option of either ignoring the person who's posts they don't like... or they have the option of joining another forum.

I'm not trying to force or persuade anyone to join another forum. All I said was that if this forum, for whatever reason, bothers you or in any way doesn't meet your expectations, move on to one that does. I can't explain it in any simpler terms than that.

That may be the most contradictory, convoluted attempt to backpedal & spin I've ever seen "moderator". Congratulations! I'm still winding my way through it's twists & turns.

Well thank you. I someday hope to be an engineer...

But in case you didn't pick up, I was joking.

It also seems you think the moderators on this forum don't do their job. Well, there's a certain forum, where if you said what you've said here, you would've been banned without question. Be thankful for what you got.

You were joking!?! Too bad. Now you'll never reach your possible potential, & will fall back into the morass of mediocrity.

In case you missed it, in both this post & my prior one to you, I was being sarcastic. SInce you did obviously miss that, you might want to rethink missing the chance to join that gang. Engineering might be a wee bit beyond your grasp.