Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone recognize this built Mustang ?

Just picked this car up in a trade. It seems like a pretty decent build up. So I am curious if anyone here might recognize this car

S7302786.jpg

S7302787.jpg

S7302788.jpg

S7302789.jpg

Its a Monogram 66? GT350 race model done in a white with a black interior. The trim seems to be foiled. The Engine block is black with silver valve covers intake and exhaust. The Alternator has a painted on band where you'd see the seperation on a real one. the Belt has red lines painted onto it and the plug wires are actually real thin black wire. The underside is red primered on the drive shaft radius arms and steering parts there are factory type paint dabs. On the driver side of the interior tub is the date 8-18-94 so I assume thats when it was built. Just curious if someone here either built it up or recognizes it. It's not often I get a built up and decide to leave it alone but I'm really thinking about lettin this one continue to be as is. Also just remembered I should note the little oddity I found in it. Behind the mesh grille was a AMT 66 Mustang grille ...

Edited by Rick Schmidt

I built one of those several years ago. I painted the hood,roof and trunk stripes and thought I had matched the color of the decals pretty well,but they weren't even close. So, I left the rocker stripes off. It was white,but since the Testors clear yellowed,it's more of a Wimbledon White now. :lol: Looks like the only part yours is missing is the rear shock. They didn't come with a rear bumper. Revell reissued this a few years ago. It was a dark blue with white stripes on the box.

I have the shock and the missing pipe too. I didn't realize it didn't come with a bumper. .. I may change that I know what the car is suppsed to be but dangit if it don't look goofy without the rear bumper lol. Don't look like the original builder is turned up yet. Thought i'd give the wide huge internet a shot always a chance he or she is out there surfing