Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell C6-R Corvette (7-4-07 update)

ismaelg

Hello,

Continuing with the "Treat each sub assembly as a model" philosophy, The rear spoiler is almost done. Still pending the brackets but I'll consider them as part of the body. Thanks to David Palmeter (7000in5th) for the elusive close up pictures of the real one as seen from above. Despite taking hundreds of pictures myself, David has helped me a lot with his detail pictures.

DSCF6804b.jpg

Carbon Fiber unit, but the top is semigloss black with a perimieter on raw CF. The XM decal extends beyond the black into the raw CF as per the 1:1

DSCF6805b.jpg

DSCF6806b.jpg

AER decals on the end plates. Be careful when using decal set with decals over decals (CF)

DSCF6807b.jpg

It is barely visible but there is a PE wicker trim that is semigloss black but the outer edge is shiny metallic as per the 1:1

DSCF6809b.jpg

Raw CF at the bottom but it will barely be visible.

Still a lot of things pending but getting closer.......

Thanks,

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your comments.

The white car was debuted in Sebring as Fellows farewell car. It was car # 3 and had that paint scheme for that race only. However, Compuware agreed to enter a third car in Mosport last weekend as car # 33. That was the white car driven by Fellows and Andy Pilgrim.

mosport003.jpg

Having no competition in ALMS GT1 this year, I certainly hope they race it again. There is a very good chance I can make it to the Atlanta race this year. I sure hope to see it. But been a long endurance race, I don't think they will enter three cars in that race because 3 drivers are used per car, instead of the 2 of the other regular races. But I'm available if they need a backup driver... :)

Take a guess at what would be in my workbench as the next C6R....

Thanks,

Ran into Ron today at the local Kart event here in Windsor, Ontario. Pics to follow..

As nice as usual ... I met him about 12 years ago in Toronto.

Looks like he's going to be cutting back on road racing to concentrate on more NASCAR for 2008.

windsor07326-vi.jpg

Edited by PatRedmond

Hi Ismael

What color Yellow do you use, I got a C5 kit for Fathers day and not sure what color to use, if it isn't a model paint company color if you know of one that is close that might make it easier for me in the land down under

TIA

Mal

Hi Mal,

For this project I used Velocity Yellow from Cobra Colors. That's the authentic Corvette color for the C6R. However, the yellow offered in C5 and C5R is Millenium Yellow, which is a hint more "orangy" than Velocity yellow.

This is Velocity Yellow

5.jpg

and this conv is Millenium yellow. Not much difference, and it is even less noticeable in pictures.

DSCF1707.JPG

I haven't used it but I've heard people using Tamiya Camel Yellow as a very close match as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Entering the home stretch!

The Fujimi BBS wheels I ordered to HLJ are not an exact match but that's the closest I could get. Since the Fujimi BBS come with ultra low profile street tires, I will use the kit's racing slicks. But the BBS don't fit properly and bulge the tire out of shape. So after some surgey, I'm using the front of the BBS and the back of the kit's wheel (seen inside the tire) so the tire would retain the shape. The BBS have been drilled in the center so a racing center lock (still pending) can be added. By the way, the tires in the back of the pic are untouched, those in the front were sanded.

DSCF6847b.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks,

Hi,

The exhaust tips were painted with MM jet exhaust and flat black. Sorry for the crappy "in a hurry" pics.

I cut the plastic tips and made new ones from aluminum tubing.

DSCF6767b.jpg

DSCF6855b.jpg

DSCF6856b.jpg

Other than wheels, tires and brakes this is most likely the last remaining parts in what seemed to be an endless project.

Thanks,