Model Cars Magazine Forum

'72 Cutlass Convertible (Day 2 car)

The70judgeman

All I can say is that looks familiar. Great minds think alike, and no I am not going to hijack your thread. I love red and white Oldsmobiles, and yours is a great looking model.

Thanks Ron! Actually I'm more of a GTO fan, but I'd take an Olds 442 if I could afford it...a real one that is. I take it you've built this kit yourself! I had to find a kit for the contest that I didn't build yet with a '70's theme and I accidently grabbed the Cutlass Supreme and not the 442. Turns out, somebody else in the contest built the 442 and our cars are almost identical...color and interior. Mine is more detailed than the other one though. Edited by The70judgeman

Nice job on this one.

Are those scripts decals or photo-etch?

I also see Revell still needs to address the missing annodized strip on the trunklid with "OLDSMOBILE" stamped into it. Still not a bad kit, though from what I've seen said.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie. The scripts are decals over the molded script. I kind of pressed them in and then used decal-set. I lost the decal that goes on the trunk lid when it fell out of the tweezers. So there is no photo-etch except the seat-belt buckles on the car. It wasn't a bad kit except the body had a slight tweek in it. A little super-glue took care of that during final assembly with the chassis.