Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to post.......

OMG...don't ask me HOW I missed the Model Trucks section. Sorry for such a dopey question.

Larry sorry it turned out like this but take it with a grain of salt . The very first topic I started well lol to

say it mildly it went nuts . I actually have it in my signature now . Anyway hope you don't get discouraged , because

there are a lot of nice and knowledgeable folks here .

People asked for a specific section for COMMERCIAL TRUCKS,

And they got it.

Then they asked for another section to cover non-commercial and street trucks.

And they got that, too.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, right now the site is not arranged in the most logical way. That's because it's been altered and added on to over time. Sort of like a house with a bunch of additions tacked on over time. After a while the house begins to look a little odd.

What we really need is a new, logical breakdown... and I have posted it before, several times. And I've asked Gregg about it, several times. But so far he's not decided to do it. Until he does (or I should say if he does), this is the layout we have... and we have a separate Truck section, so that's where trucks go.

Can you say "blatant rebellion?" :rolleyes: I mean seriously...what are you guys arguing about? Are you afraid that if you post in the truck section it won't be seen or something? My guess is it will be seen by fans of trucks...who go to the truck section...because they want to see trucks! Honestly all this arguing with the mods, having the nerve to tell the mods how to do their job, and just plain ignoring and thumbing your nose at the rules and website mods gets you nowhere. Some of you guys are just unbelievable!

Just because noone ever asked for a section on the board doesn't mean it wasn't requested in a PM to the mods or Gregg. Threatening to leave for good because of a temporary ban? So what? New members show up every day to replace those that leave.

true,true,true

If you want to look at pick-up's go to the trucks section.If you want to post a pick-up post it in the trucks section.How much more simple can it be.

I was a member here when the pick-up builders didn't want to post in the "heavy truck " section and got there own spot .

I got an idea ,put the pick-up and rigs before the cars,its a long walk to the getto at the bottom of the page.Just joking Harry

Some people need to back to kindergarden and learn how to get along with others

Hmmm....it's funny how on the first page in "Under Glass" there are all kinds of models/topics that shouldn't be there:

1 '59 El Camino (it could pass for a car I guess)

2 these are in one thread: a gyrocoptor a Mack and Chevy pickup

3 motorcycle

4 VW van

5 Dodge Ramcharger

6 dragster

7 road race Ford GT

8 slingshot dragster

9 a question about posting pics

Yet no one says a peep about those. Now here's Larry ( a great builder BTW) asking where he should post his photos and this is what he gets for his courtesey. I was the first person to say post in "Under Glass" because I wanted EVERYONE to see the great work he does and not just an idle few. Maybe if the trucks section wasn't at the bottom of the page,he may have been able to find it a little easier. I can understand the big rig guys wanting their own section,but I see no reason for the pickup SUV section. It's been there for how long now and is only up to eleven pages??? There are too many unnecessary sections on this forum and I can understand why it would be confusing for new members. It really is too bad that Larry has gotten this "welcome to the MCM Forum" and now the people here will miss out on his great builds and scratchbuilding. Luckily,there is another forum where some of us will be able to see his stuff. :P

ok, guys. I don't see anything to be added here that hasn't already been said.

What have we learned here?

Some people like a separate truck section.

Some people don't like a separate truck section.

And I'm supposed to get these two groups to agree on where to post trucks?

Sorry, this is a pointless argument. We have a separate section for trucks, and that's where they go. If anyone insists on posting their trucks in the cars section, I'll move the topic. If anyone "doesn't understand" why trucks should go in the trucks section, sorry, but I can't explain it any clearer than I already have. And if anyone thinks the trucks section is a "ghetto," well... that's your opinion. Nothing I can (or should) do to change that.