Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Dodge Charger

groo12

This was a lot of fun to build and got me over fear of applying decals!

The front grill is out, my fault, I didn't realise another part had slipped whilst the glue was drying.

What did I learn? Decals are fun as long as you use the setting solutions and the teeny weeny decals can disappear before your very eyes as they fly from the tweezers and yet reappear a week later, close by.

_MG_0486.jpg_MG_0488.jpg_MG_0492.jpg_MG_0493.jpg_MG_0487.jpg

Happy with how it turned out, although the front grill looks a bit rough and the rearview mirrow ended up at a crazy angle. I am sure that is how the driver left it :)

Great build man, I love it, an I am also a mopar guy too. I think you did a great job on this build, an I would like to make a suggestion here if I could for on your next build. The decals that goes over the door edges an trunk lid, maybe you like to next time if your filling up to is maybe try to cut the seams open on the decals at the open area seams. Keep up the great work on model building man.

Great build man, I love it, an I am also a mopar guy too. I think you did a great job on this build, an I would like to make a suggestion here if I could for on your next build. The decals that goes over the door edges an trunk lid, maybe you like to next time if your filling up to is maybe try to cut the seams open on the decals at the open area seams. Keep up the great work on model building man.

I was wondering about that, I'll give it a go.

Nice work! A lot of decal practice - looks like you put some time into getting them right.

It took about three nights work.

I was disappointed as they were wrinkly and not tight, but in the morning what a difference once the setting stuff dried. It is very cool.