Model Cars Magazine Forum

how many 1970's comets/mavs would you buy if a new kit was issued

I wouldn't get any. There's a lot more desireable kits that have NEVER been done.

Such as what? Pretty much all of the popular cars have been done at one time or another, and now kit manufacturers have to go with 2nd and 3rd tier subjects to come up with cars that have truly never been done. Everyone can name a car that they would love to see and may even buy several of, but it may bomb hard enough to put that manufacturer into the red - and so they must be very careful before considering that '81 AMC Eagle 4x4 kit.

-MJS

Since I own a 1973 Maverick, I would buy a kit of that car. However, I doubt we will ever see one, they just are not popular enough. And, when I was briefly involved with JoHan, we looked for the stock tooling to the 1970 Maverick and 1971 Comet. It did not exist! That kit was the first one Okey had planned to reissue, as that tooling ranked right up there with the Turbine car for accuracy. And no, I still have not been able to find a resonably priced kit of the 3 in 1 Maverick or Comet! :unsure::(:angry:

Since most of us here are Maverick fans heres a couple links( if you haven`t seen them allready) to a cool Maverick photo thread and a Maverick club site. Some nice rides there.

I like Mavericks, they`re a cool little car that I like the looks of and it can be built into a killer street machine. One of the best things about them is that you can buy one in pretty good condition for next to nothing. For the price to just buy a beat up shell of any classic musclecar you could build a dam fine custom Maverick.

http://www.pro-touri...ck-photos/page2

http://mmb.maverick....display.php?f=1