Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ed Roth outlaw

rv1963

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

A couple of engine pics of the Ed Roth outlaw show car i have never tryed one of his cars but i am starting to like the subject matter and it looks like a pretty simple kit, the engine is pretty much done just need to add an ignition coil and do some touch up, any and all comments welcome.

thanks john it shouldn't take to long to finish i hope, the transmission has a nasty seam going down the middle can't decide wether to just touch it up or strip it an respary it in alcad. I will look for yours when it's finished good luck.

Edited by rv1963

Thanks guys, no i did not make the wire looms Don they are a pe set from detail master part number DM 2361, Joseph i used createx acrylic aqua with about 30% pearl blue mixed in than a few coats of tamiya gloss.

Edited by rv1963

IMG_0990.jpg

One pic of the interior painted to match the engine, i gave the steering wheel a coat of tamiya white lacquer than a coat of iridescent white so it would have that pearl look still needs a second coat and a final clear coat kind of an experiment to see if this will work on the entire body.

Edited by rv1963

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

I finished the frame and most of the suspension just have to add the shocks front and rear and do some touchup, the frame was prepped with tamiya white primer than sprayed with Tamiya gloss white and 2 airbrused coats of iridescent white and 3 coats of clear gloss i wish you could see the iridescent paint it looks a lot like pearl.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

A little update i got the front and rear wheels installed just had to see what it would look like i made the white wall tires using very thin vinyl tape, this is a very small car almost looks like 1/32 scale but i like it, next i work on the body parts.

I was wondering about those side rails. Do you know if the 1:1 side rails were open ( ] ) on the inside or if they were closed ( [] ) ???

It sure would be less work if open was scale.

Great work so far.

thanks,

joe.

That's a good question joseph i have several pics of the car but you can't see the inside frame rails with the engine in the car and the body on it, i think from the factory these early model t cars had open frame rails and a lot of hot rod guys would box them in for added strength because of the high powered motors and it looks better maybe some one else has an anwser.

Edited by rv1963

I assume you mean the coil springs the stock ones were thick blobs of chrome with very little detail so i replaced them with some wire i wrapped around a small piece of brass rod several times then i cut them to size and painted chrome before installing them i put a small piece of brass wire painted white centered in the coil spring mount because it's load bareing.

Edited by rv1963