Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets see pics of your altered wheelbase mopars

Yes Steve you are right! Ive seen a couple of the Larry Griffith nostalgia cars run at Cordove my self! Cordova and Byron are my home tracks! That is an awsome looking car. I just ordered the Ross Gibson injected Hemi for the one im gonna build. My level of detail is nowhere anywhere close to some of these guys but im trying to learn as much as i can. Now i just have to figure out who has the best resin body and chassis kits..thanks..Joe

Great thread and great models guys! Here's one of mine. This car (real and model) was not altered as extensively as most AWB cars that followed so all I had to do was move both axles forward and open up the wheelwells slightly. Basically, the same as Landy did to his car. No resin, it is from the Lindberg Ramchargers '64 Dodge kit. BTW, Cordova is the sight of my first ever Drag Racing experience. As a kid in the late '60's, lived in Galesburg and begged my Dad to take me to the Funny Car Extravaganza - 32 car field! Chi Town Hustler, Durachrome Bug, Gene Snow - oh man - I will never forget it! Been hooked ever since. DodgeAWB56.jpg

Edited by Burnout

Wow! Fantastic altereds guys! Amazing work! I am sopumped to build one now. Think ill be ordering one from speed city resin this week. Anyone know where i can get a good set of resin headers for these cars?.Joe! Keep em coming

MCW Automotive Finishes has fenderwell headers from the old Johan '64 polara cast. I ordered 3 sets today!