Model Cars Magazine Forum

pro-street 'cuda

diymirage

well, here she is, my first completion of 2012

its a MPC kit from the mid 80s and typical for the part

there is no mention of the year (74 maybe) the part count is very low (and half of those are optional engine parts) it has little detail and a metal rear axle...it just might be the perfect model kit

1330292122.jpg

1330292060.jpg

1330291957.jpg

1330291857.jpg

1330291690.jpg

1330291611.jpg

the paint is model masters rattle can panther pink

the white bilboards were donated by green duster

the front seats were donated by revshag

the rear wheels were made by Alan Raab and painted with alclad, front rims were partsbox

every thing else was OOB

i did do some plastic surgery to the rear rollpan

somehow those never fit properly so it was assembled and bondo-ed before paint

since the engine is onyl running headers i had to cut out the exhaust tips that were molded into the pan which is what the last picture shows

all things considered i liked this build

nothing too complicated, just a nice model to build that looks good on the shelf

on second thought i might have put some more detail in the interior but of well

The Grill suggests a '73/'74 . The larger Rubber baby Buggie Bumpers scream '74 . You did this build justice . I like the detail work . The white Billboard on the Panther Pink is what I have planned for my version of the '70 Hemi Cuda I saw eat up and spit out a 454 'Vette in the day . You know I like this . Thanx for sharing .

The last stock version was the '74- basic kit being offered as an annual from 70-74 (and the Motown Missile Pro stock with gutted interior but stock chassis) then reissued in the 80s as the "Hemi Cuda" street machine then the tubbed pro streeter before being resurrected as a stock "retro promo" and snap kit

Simple can be a good thing- especially when it comes to actually finishing a model

thanks for the comments guys

the interior on ths model is very simple, but i like it in this type of build

the pictures dont show it very well but the interior is made to look like a gutted interior, including lack of rear seat and floormats

i spraypainted it with allclad to look like just that, a stripped interior

all things considered i really enjoyed this build (and im not just saying that because i actually finished it)