Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits with the best wheels/tires to customize 60/70's Muscle Cars

What kits do you think have the best tires and wheels to use to customize muscle car kits you build?.......including snap kit tires and wheels. I love the look of customized muscle cars from the 60/70's and I was thinking there must be current kits that include tires and wheels that can be used as donors for these types of projects.

Not at old muscle car, but I am currently building a 2010 Camaro SS kit and I am using the wheels and tires from the Revell Concept Camaro Snap Kit and with the dry the fitting I think it looks mean and fantastic on this new kit.

the revell 68 charger has some nice keystone classics...i like those

any old PMC muscle car kit that comes with blue streak goodyears will suffice, i personally like the 74 GTX

it has these somewhat out of the ordinary rims

IMG00035-20090620-2116.jpg

OH, stay away from centerlines they are in EVERYTHING

The AMT 66 Mustang kit has several wheel options in it, a good source for kit bashing. I have found the 64 Fairlane to have extra wheels as well.

Look at kits at the store and see if they show optional wheels on the box, then decide if that is what you are looking for.

You can also check out some of the resin vendors, they have many options too and it keeps you from having to buy a kit if you are only after some wheels.

I am talking about building customized 60/70's muscle cars with low profile 18-20 inch tires. I know many order aftermarket tires like Pegasus, so my question was about current kits available that include these types of tires as well as cool rims to use in place of ordering aftermarket stuff.

Revell has put some wheels/tires in the 18-20 inch range in some recent kits:

66 Chevelle Wagon

56 Chevy Nomad Wagon

64 Chevy Pickup

63 Chevy Impala

62 Chevy Impala

They also had their "Donk" kits but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

I am sure there are some other Revell kits but I am drawing a blank other than ones I mentioned.

I am talking about building customized 60/70's muscle cars with low profile 18-20 inch tires. I know many order aftermarket tires like Pegasus, so my question was about current kits available that include these types of tires as well as cool rims to use in place of ordering aftermarket stuff.

yuck

but if you insist...try revells california wheels series

The Snap 57 Chevy has some nice Salt Flat style wheels reminecent of the old Halibrands but in large diameter. Another source could be the Dubbs 1/32 scale line of die casts. some cool stuff there that spec out to 18-21" but the tires are way too thin. Some aftermarket and kit tires fit them so...