Model Cars Magazine Forum

So Into Building You Forgot To Stop?

Have you ever Gotten so intto building you forgot to stop? I started Washing and cleaning up five 69 Novas Tuesday evening and got so into it that I didn't notice the time. Next thing I knew it was 6:AM, and my Daughter was getting her son up for school. I put away the one I was working on and, ate a little breakfast with them, and went to bed. My wife says that she tried several time during Wed. to wake me up but couldn't. I didn't wake up until after Midnight, and when I did my blood glucose was only 39, and I almost blacked out before I could get a couple of Glucose Tablets into me. Also the joints of both my hands are swollen.

I am going to have to be more careful about how long I work on My Builds!

YES! When I was about 12 I went to a good friends house to play football (yardball!). We got tired before his big brother & his friends, so went inside to build. When I didn't show up at 0-dark:30 pm, Mom called & no one knew where we were! After several panicked hours of searching, Gary's Mom decided to check his room at 10:30 or so & found us both asleep! Everyone was so happy we were OK, we didn't even get in trouble!

Tom, this happens to me all the time, and when I finally get up from the bench, my knees hurt and my lower back. I think you bring up a great point, and that is to stop and avoid those long build stretches without at least taking a little break to stretch out.

Hi there Tom thanks for bring up the topic .I think all builder go through this but its all about moderation.You need to set a time limit to building and like Dr . says here take breaks it helps.For myself I build for a hour in the morning before work and a few hours in the evening you'd be surprized to how much you get done.

We all need to be careful not to do what I did,and endangered my health. I was trying to get them done so that I could paint them this weekend. I still need to modify the bodies of three of them before I can paint them, and I now have hands that are too sore to work with!

It would be so much easier if Revell had actually made an accurate COPO Body instead of just using the Body from the SS. I know that most people who buy the kit don't Know the Differance. But my hands do after using a chissel and sanding the area smooth

Yeah. When I was workin, I'd have ALL kindsa ideas rollin around in my head, so when I'd get home, after dinner,I'd go down into my "model room" an start on my idea. It would usually be right after dinner(about 5) and I'd loose all track of time! My wife would finally come down and say"It's 11 o clock hon, I'm goin to bed now" I'd look up at my clock, an sure enough, I'd been down there for 6 hours and NEVER noticed it! :lol::D;)