Model Cars Magazine Forum

As my 1st post back on this forum after some years away, I'd like to congratulate Jairus on completing another year. His Mustang Convertible and its awesome working features had a great deal to do with dragging me back into this addiction nearly 30 years ago. i was working at Mattel Toys in Product Safety with responsibility for the Hot Wheels line. Any new development in Hot Wheels had to come through me before beginning production. So I get a call to come to the office of a designer (whose name I can't recall) to view what he was putting together for a proposed new Hot Wheel based on the Aston Martin GTP race car. When I arrived, he needed to get his boss involved in the discussion. WQhile he was gone, I saw the then new issue of that other mag, SAE on his desk. Thumbing through the mag I saw the article on Jairus' Mustang and it was all over. I stopped by Valley Plaza Hobbies on the way home and picked up a copy of the mag and a model kit.

It's largely Jairus fault - this 1,200 or so kits stashed away around here...

Edited by DustyMojave