Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Help with '68 Dodge Charger R/T

Now I'm going to break my golden rule of only building British & European classic cars, and I am going to build a '68 Dodge Charger R/T.

I've decided on the exterior colour scheme, and a friend is sending some over from the States, I'm going to do it in UU-1, Light Blue Poly, now I have no reference material on the Charger, so hopefully someone on here will be able to help.

A few questions I have at the moment are,

Engine colour, I've seen photo's of these in blue and orange, which is correct for the Revell 68 Charger ??

Also, interior colour, what colour options were they for the '68 Charger ??

Hopefully someone on here can help me with the info' I need to build this model.

For the 440 in the kit, Chrysler Engine Blue is correct for 1968 (the 426 Hemi is still Street Hemi Orange though).

66337_Engine_Web.jpg

68_Charger0001.jpg

68_Charger0002.jpg

Interior color source:

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1968ColorAndTrim-01.shtml ('68 Charger Interior color and trim guide)

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library-2.shtml (More Factory material on other Mopars, including '68 Charger, interesting stuff!)

Edited by TurboKitty

Thanks for the info', now I can get hold of Testors paint this side of the pond, but there Chrysler engine blue looks a different colour to the photo above and others I have seen on the net, is there only one shade of Chrysler engine blue ???

t225_5e5f6c306706ff34ee7c2cc779d1c1eb.jpg

Testors Chrysler engine blue is closer in color to what they swiched to in the 70's but still not the right shade. The turquoise color used on the 68 engine is much lighter. I'm sure you can find something from Humbrol or whatever other brands of paint are sold on your side of the pond that would come closer than the Testors. If you find a color that comes close to what is on the engine pictured above you'll be good.