Model Cars Magazine Forum

motor question

ANY big block in 25th scale will fit tha bill. ALL big block Chevy's are identical from the outside. You can't tell a 396 from a 402, 427,454 from the OUTSIDE if it's a factory block. Technically, you'd have to pull the heads to make sure by measureing the bores. At 25th scale, it isn't measureable, so ANY nicely cast Big Block Chevy will work. I like the Revell versions for a 4 spd, and the old MPC blocks for an automatic. Hth. :D;)

I beleive the corvette 57' had a "street version (purple) it comes with i want to say a 502 big block its a nice lookin motor too

also amt didt a 57 bel air street machine version with the same 502 i think just throw on some diff valve covers and call it good

Trevors Toybox on ebay offers some SoReal Concepts diecast trucks that have 572 engines in them. The whole truck can be had for $15 shipped. Here's the best motor pic I can find.

Here's a pic of the whole truck.

Joe, do you have a link to this dude's eBay? Couldn't find him. Thanks in advance :)