Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell of Germany Aerodyne

I am completing my first RoG kit and I have to say it will be my last.I was really looking forward to building it because I had read a post somewhere that said they go together really nice.I am 85-90% to completion and have to say I will be glad.Have any of you ever had any issues with these kits?I told my wife that if I look like I am going to buy another RoG kit to swiftly kick me in the cubes.Thanks for any input you may give.

You know,I had read that they seem to fall into place.Maybe my expectations were too high.It seems that i had to trim way more plastic to get things to fit right.Test fit,trim,re-test,trim some more,re-re-test,just live with it.It just hasn't been a very enjoyable build.Oh well,maybe better luck next time.

Also,I found the instructions to be kind of vague at times.I really like the detail in the cab and sleeper.That detail inspired me to add a little more detail,wife wife kind of chuckled when she saw the 2 plasma tv's.What does she know?I don't laugh at her when she is in the kitchen or driving the vacume cleaner.

Which kit is that Bill? The cabover Kenworth or the conventional? I remember building the cabover way back when it first came out as part of the "trucks of the world" series. At the time I had built a ton of AMT truck and some ERTL Internationals and I thought the Revell was one of the best kits I had built. Is your kit one of the latest issues? 'Cause when the actual molds get old and used up, they tend to yield less than perfect products. I agree that with the price they charge today, the quality should be up there. I mean, look at what Round2 AMT can dish out nowadays, their castings are really top notch, and they are using old molds.

Also,I found the instructions to be kind of vague at times.I really like the detail in the cab and sleeper.That detail inspired me to add a little more detail,wife wife kind of chuckled when she saw the 2 plasma tv's.What does she know?I don't laugh at her when she is in the kitchen or driving the vacume cleaner.

Haha! good thing she doesn't read this! You'd be in a heap'a trouble boy! :D

Bob,the date on the box is 1996 and it is the K100.I can see the old mold issue,I had to scrape away alot of flash.Like i said,I had read that these kits build quite well,but mine has been a real pain.I have been out the game for a while.I started with the AMT W900 and Pete and they were a breaze.Then I built and oldie but goodie with the one in my profile pic.That one went together very nice and theeennnn i started the K100 and it all went to hell.Don't worry about the wife,she know her nickname is "the Housekeeper".

Hey Bill,I have built the K-100 Aerodynes and can see where you're coming from...I had 2 minor design problems that I didn't care for...Seperate roof(slight warping) and the fit of the windshields.A little patience went a long way as in these pics...IMG_2456.jpgIMG_2458.jpgIMG_2459.jpgIMG_2468.jpg I hope this helps...

Man, I like the stripes on this thing! I know it's BJ's truck, but I can't get over this paint scheme, whatever the colors used. That is a really nice build. Edited by Z06Bob

MIA,that is one good looking truck.Ever since I saw that show for the first time and that truck when I was a wee lad,I have been in love with the K-100 Aerodyne.That will forever be my favorite truck.I would say your patience paid off.I finally finished my build last night and it definitley went down screaming.Gave me fits all the way to the last piece.I will have to give another on a go,maybe I just got a bad kit.Although I am not proud of this one,it does look good on the shelf.I will have to name this one "the Hundred Foot Hottie",it looks good from a hundred feet.

RG Had an aerodyne conventional?

You're right Justin, they didn't, I got all excited and blurted stuff all over the place. Sorry... :unsure:

I wanted to know if he was talking about the simpler revell Aerodyne W900 or the Revell Germany K100.

Which I had built like 30 years ago and I'll build later too... 'cause I got another brand new, in the box, unbuilt one. :D