Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East 2012

DanR

Here's a link to some 400+ pics I took today. Believe it or not, I ran out of time (and energy because of some lingering back pain) and didn't even cover every table.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/Danr67/NNL%20East%202012/

I was able to meet some great people - Dave Burkitt from Model King, Gene Sisemore, Donn Yost, Doug Whyte, Ed Sexton, and Tony Hipp from Alclad. I also bought 5 kits mostly new stuff), a sheet of Slixx decals, Yost's DVD, three bottles of Alclad candy pearls, and few other odds and ends. It was a great time - I just wish the room wasn't so ###### hot!!!

And for anyone interested, I purchased the AMT Gremlin reissue, the Moebius Chrysler 300, the Model King 1969 Camaro Funny Car, The Chevelle Superwagon, and a Hobby Heaven reissue of Ohio George Montgomery's Multi Maverick. I'd never seen this one before. I pretty much bought everything at Model King's table - his prices were phenomenal - the kits, in order, were $17, $18, $20, $17, and $20. That's $92 for kits I would have paid about $125 for elsewhere. Not too shabby!

I don't think I saw that one... I'm not sure. I have to be honest, it was packed at times and it was hard to get pics of everything. Add to that that I had to carefully maneuver over other models to take pics and it added to the challenge. I did get the Hudson diorama and some so-so pics of a huge diorama of rusted cars.

Yep. It was packed! I'm off to shower and get some food. I am beat. Enjoy the pics. I apologize for the quality on some. I was using a new camera and I was having trouble finding the right settings.

Thanks Tommy, I pulled a muscle on Monday. I was happy that it bounced back enough that I was able to stay on my feet all day yesterday. The first couple of days were rough until I worked the kinks out. Between that and the leaky pipe discovered in my garage at 12:30AM on Saturday, I was sure that someone - or something - was trying to keep me from going!