Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Chevy

Mike

This kit was one of my Christmas presents from the wife and kids, so I always make it a point to build one of the kits during the year. Lots of mold lines in difficult spots but not a bad kit so far. Just been working on the body for now. I may drop it lower and make it plow pavement, but I'm undecided at this point. The wheels came out of the Revell 32 coupe kit.

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

This kit was one of my Christmas presents from the wife and kids, so I always make it a point to build one of the kits during the year. Lots of mold lines in difficult spots but not a bad kit so far. Just been working on the body for now. I may drop it lower and make it plow pavement, but I'm undecided at this point. The wheels came out of the Revell 32 coupe kit.

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

what kind of a blue did you use?? and what brand is?

no need to apologize Mike, i was kidding around when i posted, but I guess my wording came off the wrong way. I like what you've got going on your 53', looks great so far. I had thought about using a set of mags like yours on the buick, but decided to go with a set of 65' corvette units instead for more of a traditonal custom look, now that I see the mags on yours, im kinda sorry I didnt use them after all. keep us posetd on your progress, this project is going to be real nice... regards ,Jeff

I really dig it. Particularily the side exhaust through the body. Definitely a home run with the Corvette wheels and sidewalls. It pulls the whole build together. 8)

Guest Guest_Mike_*

I got the body polished, and found a small sheet of BMF hiding in my tool box, so I managed to get a start on the BMF work. I still have to clean up the "fuzz" from the q=tips but the process is started. Now to order up some more BMF.

DSC02714.jpg

Thank you all for the very kind comments, they are very appreciated. I got some more BMF picked up so I can pretty well get this thing wrapped up time permitting.

George, it is the Revell Lowrider kit.

Mark, yes the mold lines are the hardest part of this build, I have to agree.

Got the foiling done tonight and windows installed. It's not the cleanest work I've done with BMF but it's a first with this much and style of window trim too. Chalk it up to learning right? Anyway, here's where she stands now. A couple more evenings and I'll have it all done. Thanks for following along. :D

DSC02715.jpg

DSC02716.jpg