Model Cars Magazine Forum

I love my air brush

Today is the second time I have use my air brush and I LOVE it. I laid down an almost flawless coat of paint too bad it was only for stripes. The only complaint I have is that while assembling my air brush aafter cleaning today, the o-ring on the needle got pinched and broke. How do yall clean your air brush? I have been taking the needle and everything off to clean. Sould I just leave it together and spray thinner through it after each use?

Break it down and clean it. I tried to "clean" an airbrush by shooting thinner through it ONCE. There ended up being a dried paint ring on the needle that hung the trigger and a clogged air hole. Ended up breaking it down anyway to clean so I could use it again. Also, do yourself a favor and get a micro-brush set too for cleaning.

I usually clean my airbrush with lacquer thinnerr , but beware it will dry out your O-rings . You can prevent this by running regular paint thinner or mineral spirits thru your brush before puting it away . One tip with using an airbrush , don't let paint dry in it . If it's gonna sit for a while dump out the paint . run some thinner throu haveh it and your ready to go . Take care and have fun ,

Steve D.

What kind of AirBrush did you get??????????

CadillacPat

It's a Paasch EZ-Starter.

I usually clean my airbrush with lacquer thinnerr , but beware it will dry out your O-rings . You can prevent this by running regular paint thinner or mineral spirits thru your brush before puting it away . One tip with using an airbrush , don't let paint dry in it . If it's gonna sit for a while dump out the paint . run some thinner throu haveh it and your ready to go . Take care and have fun ,

Steve D.

I think the o-ring started to melt alittle and when I put it back together the o-ring wash pinched and it broke.

No worries I have two air brushes.

It's a Paasch EZ-Starter.

I think the o-ring started to melt alittle and when I put it back together the o-ring wash pinched and it broke.

No worries I have two air brushes.

dude if you can afford it... upgrade to a better model and stay away from that $10 plastic junk. it doesn't have to be the most expensive but $60 can buy a pretty decent one

The Paasche EZ-starter is a Chinese rip-off of the Badger 350. It's the same as the Harbor Freight single action and really junk. That O-ring on the needle is the seal and it won't work without it. You could get a Paasche H for $37 here and you would have a decent airbrush. It will use the same bottles and hose that you have now, and save you a lot of frustration.

Don

I love mine too. It doesn't return the affection though.

I find myself airbrushing most, if not all, of my parts now. I just like the clean look of airbrushed paint and LOVE the metal finishes you just can't get with brush painting.