Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger

well this is my 50 cent find from the thrift store the other day and it's not as bad as the pick of the box.

100_0670.jpg

Most of the kit's parts was in really good shape.

100_0675.jpg

but the chrome and the b Pillar need some work

100_0672.jpg

I am building this stock and have already ordered new decals from Revell since the ones from this kit,well the pic shows it all.

100_0671.jpg

I'm hoping to have some in progress pics up in a few days as usual there is alot of clean up,so any ideas for my body color besides red??

You can actually removed the B-pillar post, and replicate the quarter window trim with a thin strip of BMF on the "glass" piece.

IMHO, the older versions of this kit are preferable to newer versions, as the newer, molded in white versions have the incorrect 'Cuda style seats and interior tub.

Colorwise, I would go with something more subtle, like a silver or metallic blue, or even white.

Thats a good easy to build kit that builds up nice. Pretty much on. Go with Medium Burnt Orange K-5 color code I think.(could be wrong though) White and burnt orange interior. Straighten out the "A" pillar and cut out the window post.Work carefully and it builds up into a clean car.