Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevelle Hobby Stock W.I.P.

TheGing952

This is my first model build post, so here it goes.

I bought a Revell 1970 Chevlle 3 n' 1 model kit a few years ago, and was unhappy with the amount of flash and the overall look of the kit. So after doing a little thinking on what to do with the kit I decided to turn it into a hobby stock. I bought a NASCAR donor classics off eBay and then began to "hack" it up.

Hope you enjoy the pictures so far. If you have any suggestions to make it look better or just any comments feel free to comment!!

post-9245-0-12075300-1336592032_thumb.jp

post-9245-0-07737700-1336592044_thumb.jp

post-9245-0-15029000-1336592046_thumb.jp

post-9245-0-97474700-1336592047_thumb.jp

post-9245-0-92437700-1336592049_thumb.jp

post-9245-0-95696000-1336592051_thumb.jp

Travis , I like the idea of building a Hobby Stock with that kit . You're off to a good start ! I think I would try to get the ride height a lot lower .

Try searching the net for some pictures to get a better idea what you can do .

Keep posting your progress .

BOB .

Off to a good start Travis, just an idea that you might use if your making a hobby stock out of the Chevelle you might make it a lower ride height, you might also consider about removing the grill area and replacing it with a bar connecting both ends to the bumper and running it across where the grille would be.

Also take in consideration that hobby stocks have the headlights and tailights removed. I've also seen some hobby stocks that used to run here at the local dirt tracks around the Dallas area with the door handles on or off.

Depending on how you want to build your's, I'm sure it will look race ready when you get it done can't wait to see it finished.

Hope these ideas might help you out.

Good luck with your's... :rolleyes:

Edited by MyJoeyLogano20