Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 Scale Porsche 935 - Warning - Lots of pics

• 1 month later...

What color did you paint the parts, after you did the texture?

Hi cartpix, some of the parts are molded in a translucent tan like color, those parts aren't painted at all. I may have applied a thin wash of Tamiya smoke over them though to dirty them up and add a little realism. However, the driver seat is molded in black. The seat was textured in the same way as all the other parts but had to be painted. After texturing, I painted the seat back with Tamiya White Primer, next I used a wash of Tamiya Desert Yellow over the white primer, last I used a wash of Tamiya Smoke over the desert yellow for a little depth and to add some gloss to the fiberglass look.

I'm still so shocked that there was only 8 posts in this build before I commented recently. This was posted in 2007 and had no affection. I really hope you are building Eric because this work is magical.

Hi brandolsx, Thanks for the great compliments (thanks to everyone else too). I am still building and have built quite a few kits since this one. Many weren't posted on the forum though. You can see them, if you care to, by clicking on the photobucket link in my signature.

For those asking about the tutorial. It's actually posted on another forum and due to forum etiquette I hesitate to post a link here. You can search some of the other forms though and probably find it fairly easily. If not, PM me and I'll direct you to it.