Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25th 1970 1/2 Camaro Z 28

You want to seal that orange plastic before laying down any color coats. A good primer will do just that. As far as a base coat, check the candy apple red paint you will be using- it will probably say what to lay down for a base.

Take your time and spray a couple of test pieces if you can of the different bases so you can see for yourself which one is the color you are going for. Some members here use plastic spoons, might want to try that!

Well the Candy apple red is from a testors can and I tried it with just primer and it don't look good. So I'll try both silver and gold base for the candy apple. The body is currently sitting in windex than after its cleaned up I'll post pics of it. The interior of the car is going to be flat tan

0521121046.jpg

Camaro sitting in primer

camarosittinginmetallicfinidh.jpg

Camaro sitting in Metallic Silver

0521121838.jpg

The bottom of the floor pan

0521121846a.jpg

Starting to make my own 4 link suspension, well thinking about it

0521121846.jpg

Custom made leaf springs.

workbench.jpg

Had to make my workbench in my shed because my son got ahold of this camaro and destroyed it so. Waiting on getting another kit to finish this one. Does anyone know where I can get a resin cowl hood for this car?