Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 Camaro SGA

kruleworld

Stargate Atlantis is a sci-fi action series spinoff from Stargate SG1. Normally they are based in a galaxy far, far away, but the final season saw an episode on Earth with Shepard driving around in this Camaro. it's a good excuse to build the camaro i had in my stash.it's basically box stock, and the hood won't sit closed properly. I spray painted it dark red and then a coat of dullcote. The interior was painted in two-tone light brown with pins added to replicate the door locks. the engine was painted orange, but i did the inlet manifold in blue to replicate the 'bitza' look of the original. I swapped out the rims from the spares that were closer to those used.

stargate01.jpg

stargate05.jpg

stargate06.jpg

stargate07.jpg

chassis, interior, engine shots.

stargate02.jpg

stargate03.jpg

stargate04.jpg

stargate08.jpg

Very nice build. Good replica. The only thing that "bugs" me is the seams on the front seats.

i know what you mean. i never noticed it until i posted the photo.

some details, it's the revell 79 kit. i added the fuel line to the chassis and separated the exhaust from the axle. I added pins to replicate the inner door locks. The kit has has the front guards flared out. rather than cutting them off, i heated them and bent them back straight. I lost one of the front parker lights to the carpet monster. Last things was painting the rims black and adding nevada license plates.

• 3 weeks later...