Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"lumpy" eurosoft filler

i have some older evercoat eurosoft and though NOT dried out it is a bit lumpy. i bought some plastic honey to thin it and that's working, i do "chop" it up before blending the hardener. i laid some on my IMSA Olds project tonight and found when i started to sand not all the filler had cured. any tips on what i can do in this situation? thanks.

Edited by wcbrown

I've never had Eurosoft go lumpy on me, but i HAVE had it go all nasty an MOLDY on me. Had to throw it out and at it's cost, it's NOT a cheap way to go. MAYBE if you keep mashin it when you take it from the can you can squish the lumps out of it before you add the hardener.

I've had it happen due to inactivity or flat out lack of use. You might want to try mixing it some more with the plastic honey (not sure what that is to be honest) to make sure it's homogenous and all the lumps have been reabsorbed.

Short of that, it's time to start with a new can.

What the heck is plastic honey?

it's been sealed for awhile, it's not dried out by any means, never frozen. just inactive. the "lumps" are not that big, i was just hoping maybe someone knew a more efficient way of breaking them down. they WILL blend once they are "crushed" , it's just such a pain to stir this stuff and not have it overflow the can and all over my work table! :wacko:

post-9646-0-11246600-1338295886.jpg