Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"racing for the cure" 88 Mustang hatchback

ford514

i built this to go along with the 1:1 mustang i'm going build for Susan G Komen breast cancer. its the first model i've completed in about 7 years.

i used the revell 93' svt cobra i had laying around after i hacked it up to much from a previous build. i had to reconstruct the engine bay, the back seat, and the back of the chassis. after i got it to where i could work with i narrowed the front k member from the 05 mustang kit and added airbags, and the rear end from the same kit. then i took the engine and made a engine cover to look like the new 5.0 coyote, looks pretty good i think. then i took the rims from the new challenger and made them fit. then i made a roll bar and a custom sound system set up. painted it in smoke grey pearl and hot magenta and sliver. added plenty of the pink ribbons like on the seats and engine cover and then the fenders. then i decided to take a garter i had laying around and make a bass/amp for it and add that in.

100_6636.jpg

100_6635.jpg

100_6625.jpg

100_6615.jpg

100_6616.jpg

100_6617.jpg

100_6631.jpg

and here it is "under glass"

100_6641.jpg

Edited by ford514