Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda Civic 1st Gen

Jocache83

Hey All,

The last time I've built a model kit was last summer. Well, now I am getting back to it. My new project is my 1/20th Entex Honda Civic 1st Gen. I am going to make it into a cafe racer car. I need to lower the car somehow (the shocks are metal and I am scared that I might screw it up) and I am having a hard time with interior and exterior paint color. Any suggestions?

The pics below show what I started. the wheels is a three piece. chassis and motor are done, I just wanted to see how it looked like in stock form (way too high for me). The third pic shows one of the fender flares on. I am planning on using the fender flares.

Stay tuned for more.

Joel

Civic.jpg0603121705.jpg

0603121701.jpg

I had a Blue 1974 Civic CVCC with Basic Black interior. It sat a smidge lower than this kit. Might wanna consider scratchbuilding some new shocks out of styrene using the metal ones as a guide. It's lookin' good so far. Not crazy about the flares tho, but it's your build. ;)

I've been wanting to do one of these kits myself, but can't seem to find one for leass than $100 <_< . Love the road racer look. Don't be too dioscouraged about scratchbuilding parts for this build, even the 1:1 cars had little to no aftermarket support. I'll be watching out for this one!

THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES...THIS IS A NEWS PAPER CLIP

FROM PUERTO RICO, MY DAD TOOK ME TO THE SHOP TO SHOW

IT TO ME, THIS THING WAS A QUICK SON OF A GUN. MY DAD DID

THE PAINT SCHEME ON IT. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OTHER PHOTO

ON THIS CAR, WONDER WHERE IT WENT.

Picture419.jpg

• 1 month later...