Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tropical Resort Shuttle Bus

This resort/island tour bus is made using an old Arii kit of an early Isuzu school bus (or small town bus).

Since most ex-British resort islands still use right hand drive vehicles (usually Japanese now), I decided to custom make a shuttlebus version using my own graphic ideas.

Paint and graphics are all done in custom mixed lacquer (lots of masking and waiting) with Letraset used for wording. Fine black lines are done with a 'tech-pen and permanent black ink, with a light coat of clear lacquer to protect it all.

The front fender mirrors are done in soldered brass to replace the overly thick original plastic parts.

P7010010-1.jpg

P7010011-1.jpg

Edited by traditional

As usual Cliff, great work!

Interesting subject, is it 1/24?

Looks like it could be the basis of a master for a '58-60 Dodge truck ;)

Hi Jeff, How are you these days?

Unfortunately for most truck guys, these kits are 1/32. It seems that 1/32 is a truck kit standard in Japan.

These Arii kits do come up from time to time on Ebay and don't seem to command the same high prices as the Aoshima ones.

I like your BDX-30 Bonnet Bus.

I have 3 of them to build. Started 2, But I want to replace the decal 2-3 toning

with paint.

You can use these with some 1/24-25 scale models. The first one I got

included 37 & 39 Chevy front clips to replace the Isuzu nose.

Also, it had been Chopped. I have replaced all but the center windshield pillar.

But, may just wait and replace the body

For those interested, a resin caster does offer the body alone, No interior, etc

with the door on the right side for an American, etc version. You supply the hood/fenders, chassis, etc