Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Rothmans 962C 1/43-New Parts

simonr

Ok, I've been working on this model for a while, now, I feel that it's time to finish it. First of all, for all those doesn't know, after I returned from the GSL I lost all my 3 cameras at the airport including my digital one. After that, I've been a little bit lazy and without any motivation since I didn't have a digital camera to document my projects. Well, I'm back already in bussiness after I bought a new Nikon D80. Since I was building it before my camera arrived, almost of the building steps now I showing are completed and there's no step by step at this time, nevertheless, after this I will do as I always have done.

Like I did with my Tameo 1/43 Ferrari 312T(2007 GSL Small Scale winner), after I have almost the model completed but wasn't satisfied with what I was seeing, I proceed to take apart almost the whole model again and re-start to build it. With the Ferrari worked out very fine and I feel that I did the correct decision with this one too. I felt that some parts where no as real as they are supposed to be, so, I start to scratchbuilt some of them. The only and main problem was, as you guys can imagine...the Scale!!, there's no much for it around here.

Before I start to write, here are the previous threads for this model, as I know there's been so much time that I didn't post anything about it that maybe someone could be lost.

Porsche 962C 1/43- Bodywork

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...p=0&#entry0

Porsche 962C 1/43- Color and decaling

Porsche 962C 1/43- Decaling

1/43 Porsche 962C- Front pt.1

1/43 Porsche 962C- Front pt.2

Porsche 962C 1/43- Engine Pt.1

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...hl=porsche+1/43

Here you guys can see one of the original engine's picture. Everything looks clean but a little bit out of realism, to me it looked like a mosquito trying to fly :huh:. I think that the shocks(being Tameo formula ones) are thinn and the tubing of the chassis is round and not flat as it's the photoetch part. With all the work at the

moment then, the stacks covers alclad II painting were loosing its plating. Also the thinn braided line looked like a fishing line with not metal look et all.

DSC06025.jpg

This picture from the same side can show what I've been talking about. You guys can see the round tubing of the chassis, the lever that connects with the transmition, thicker springs on the shocks, I added the same homemade cooling airducts for the rear that I used for the front suspention. At this stage I added the rear brake discs too, but, no calipers and lines yet.

DSC_0159.jpg

A picture from the rear.

DSC_0176.jpg

In this picture you guys can see how all the new components give new life to this historic racing model. Now you can see more red and blue due to the amount of a&n fittings I've been adding to the engine. These are from the R&B Motion line. Braided line are from the Detail Master and PRO-TECH catalogs. The thinner braided it's handcraft metalic line, a perfect one for 1/43, and 100 feet for $7, I think it's not bad!....almost a lifelong supply of this line. You guys can see here also a better view of the stacks covers, re-painted this time with Alclad II Polished Aluminum and "soldered" to the aluminum radiators.

DSC_0164.jpg

The rear section received the braided line for the hydraulic lift jack and a scrathbuilt filter for the oil radiator. This section will also receive later the calipers for the brake discs and it's lines.

DSC_0165.jpg

An aerial view of everything together. Sorry for the blurring, I've still to master this camera settings since this was made the day after I received the macro lens, hand held without any tripod.

DSC_0167.jpg

To be continued...

Simon Rivera

Some more close up. There is still some cleaning an re-touching to do.

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

A little bit of the interior tub.

DSC_0163.jpg

The roof mounted antenna, made out of a #80 drill bit!...I wonder the amazing things this macro lens can show up!, because this is a real tiny drill bit.

DSC_0169.jpg

The front windshield and wiper arm were also installed.

DSC_0172.jpg

An overall view of the completed front right side.

DSC_0160.jpg

Two overall views of what has been completed. Here it can be seen the two doors already mounted in the open position.

DSC_0177-1.jpg

DSC_0174-1.jpg

I hope you guys like all this work and as always, any comment and suggestions are welcomed. I hope to make more updates very soon.

Simon Rivera

Guest Davkin

Wow! I don't put that much detail into 1/25 scale models! Are you the one that won the small scale class at GSL? That was one amazing little Ferrari F1 car too.

David

Yes David, I'm the one and that was my Tameo Ferrari 312T. Did you attend to the GSL?

Simon Rivera

Wow! I don't put that much detail into 1/25 scale models! Are you the one that won the small scale class at GSL? That was one amazing little Ferrari F1 car too.

David

Guest Davkin
Did you attend to the GSL?

Yes, in fact I live here in Salt Lake City and am a member of UMAG, the club that sponsors and helps run the show.

David

Oh David nice to know this. You guys also do a great job to make this show an awesome succes. So....nothing else to say,...I hope to see you in 2009!

Simon Rivera

Yes, in fact I live here in Salt Lake City and am a member of UMAG, the club that sponsors and helps run the show.

David