Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Dodge Monaco

tvandmoviecars

This is being built for 1 of the Community Builds. It's going to be a "Mad Max" style car eventually.. but I want to enter it in a show in about a week, so for now, it may be a beater/junker.... although if I do it TOO good, it may be hard to zombiefy it!<LOL>

311514_452797484744730_240928662_n.jpg

here is a shot taken tonight.

602522_454663427891469_1216145395_n.jpg

and.. if all else fails.. <LOL>

602522_454663431224802_905438126_n.jpg

(that's 1 of the other 2 current projects I am working on.)

I have added 2 washes so far.. a lighter tan and a brown.. and added some splashs of "mud" behind the tires... if I can find my bottles of paint stash, I will be doing a "flat black" wash.. that really adds bit to the rust.. also have "rust" and a plethora of browns if I can find the right box.... I really like using "rubber" as part of my weathering.

here are prior weathered cars I did.

Ohiobomb3-vi.jpg

diorama01-vi.jpg

beaters2-vi.jpg

but for some reason my MOPAR CAR CLUB SHOW won't allow me to enter these!<LOL>

• 2 weeks later...

"borrowed" a chassis from my 69 Charger "beater" from a few years ago... so I could get it "done enough" to show as a "wreck" at a MOPAR model car show (in conjunction with a REAL Mopar show). Every time I was at the table almost... people were commenting on the car... I ended up getting 2nd place, although I don't know why..... (I did not say it was MY car.. until AFTER the people making comments had submitted thier votes. It's not DONE yet.. I am planning to make it as a "mad max/road warrior/zombie apocolypse type vehicle... but it may end up a junker... I still have a lot of interior work to do, also.

551064_458540840837061_696677293_n.jpg