Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Shops in Fargo, North Dakota and area?

I'm headed into North Dakota from Canada this weekend, Minot, Bismark, Grand Forks & Fargo/Moorhead areas and am wondering what I'll find in hobby shops. In particular I'm in the market for a new compressor probably an Iwata.

Any recommendations from modellers in the area or others who've also been though the area would be appreciated.

RobW

Rob the only shop really here is in Moorhead on US 10 at the Easten Mall. Hobby Hut is the name of it. He has a fairly good supply of stuff. Also there are 2 RC shops in town one for planes only, Paul's Hobbies on 1st ave. north. and one for cars and such out on So. University Drive. For your compressor I would suggest Harbor Freight on Mani Ave. Get off I-29 at exit 65 Main Ave. Go East about 1 mile or less, will be on the left side of the road after the Nodak, Napa stores. We also have a Michael's, and a Hobby Lobby on 13th Ave So.

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. Since we don't have Harbor Freight in Saskatchewan I didn't realize they had retail stores but on the various boards I've heard good things about them in regards to things such as airbrushes & compressors and I'll check out Hobby Hut.

rob

Yeah, and bring your trades to Junior's house. He may be a hobby store unto himself. :lol:

I was at one time. Now if he's into 1/87th scale. However I'll be at the lake this weekend working on a new creation.

Hobby Hut would be the place to go. Mark is the owner, and a nice guy to work with.

Yah, you betcha then. Prowler needs a jump.

Point of irony, I just had a long session yesterday working mono-y-mono on a theatre promotional layout with "kidnapped wife, Jean Lundegaard," Kristin Rudrud. Though I've spent about two hours with her the last couple days, I did not bring up the movie.

Guest Johnny

I thought someone might pick up on the reference! I love that movie! :lol:

Was lucky enough to find it in the 5 dollar bin at WalMart! B)