Model Cars Magazine Forum

I decided to dig into the stash and pull out a pickup someone had already started. I decided to do a muscle truck but gave it a few different touches. 22" front wheels, 24x16 rear rims. The truck will have air Ride suspension but also will be sporting a full custom engine bay along with a turbo 6.0 from an escalade. I also swapped dashes, seats, door panels with a Escalade. The trucks in a very rough stage right now, this is pulling it straight out of the box as I recieved it and started to mock up a few things. Decided I'd show ya where I am starting at and hopefully tonight ill be able to do a nice update.

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1032.jpg

Again I just was testing it laying frame and seeing if the rear wheels would tuck. Truck will have two tone paint of some sort... I know its not up to par with a lot of your build threads or builds in general but I feel like ill really turn this truck around.

DANG that's gunna be killer!!! :D :D :D I'm VERY interested to watch you make it lay frame (or close to it),I been hankering to do similar with a few builds in my head,but haven't ever modded the suspension that much,this will be awesome!

Edited by Olskoolrodder

i layed one on a set of 24 by8 and 26by 14s not to long go its cool to do a s10 is a hard to lay on big wheels hoppin hyro's wheels work the best on s10 91blaze

The wheels I'm using are only 18's, so it's pretty easy. I still had to cut out the inner fenders and part of the bed like this truck here.

There's some sort of cleaner called "Purple Power" that people use to strip paint. I've never used it, but many swear by the stuff.

What he said. I use it, and it does a wonder. I usually soak my mess-ups and rebuilds for about a week. I usually have enough going on where i'm not in a rush so it gives time to do well. I like this idea on the truck so far. i'll keep an eye out.

91% rubbing alc if you used lacquer paint. Purple wont touch lacquer.

Actually, the PP will strip laquer. But I usually sand it in a couple spots first down to bare plastic, that lets the PP get under the primer. It usually takes 2 days for me to strip a body.

Minor update, I haven't spent much time but I did soak the cab in purple power and stripped it. I have been doing small amount of body work in between my other projects. Here's a couple pictures. ill keep chopping away at it. Starting the frame once I get my hands on styrene.

IMAG1049.jpgIMAG1048.jpg

Edited by FatManScaleDesigns

Not sure if you know yet, but you can use o-rings for the airbags. I got a 10 pack the other day for $2. They are 9/32" outer diameter, 5/32" inner diameter, and 1/16" thickness. They look pretty real:

100_1387.jpg

And as for the frame, I found these tutorials:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42482&hl=frame

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42483&hl=frame

Good luck with the build.