Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

heres my project.decided to go flat black.clean and simple. so far i've lowered it,stretched it, painted the tanks to match the air cleaner. also made a ss visor for it.hand painted the door jambs and windshield trim.decided to go with white paint for the motor B) .still have to finish the interior,bumper,fenders and some other things.anyways, here it is.....

decided to take it outside for a nice backdrop, cant wait to finish it

100_0707.jpg

Sweeeeeet! I like how you used a flat black on it! Something different! Can't wait to see the cab assembly sitting on the frame. I want to see how it looks lowered. A friend of mine lowered one and it looks tough. I like also, how you used the Pete for the background B). Looking good Greg!

Greg,

This is coming along nicely. I never thought of painting a truck flat black before, but this gives me ideas especially for old vehicles with well weathered paint. Good Luck with the rest of your project and keep us posted with photo's I've seen some of your video's of your full size Pete on Youtube. That is a nice motor. It certainly sounds well and by the looks of it you certainly look after it. Excellent truck!!!! Do you take it to any of the truck shows?

• 2 weeks later...

quick shot of my interior.sticking with the black to match the paint.check out the HAND PAINTED dash. now features an aux. transmission.made the 2nd stick out of a finishing nail. sometimes ya gotta think outside the box :D

hopefuly i can get this darn thing done within a few days.

100_0801.jpg

ps, thats only a little dust on the bed, nothing to worry about