Model Cars Magazine Forum

Safe-Way Sandblasting '41 Willys C/GS Model

Doctordarryl

Here is my latest build using my latest decal set. The Safe-Way Sandblasting '41 Willys C/GS car won the '65 Winternationals. It beat a fleet of blown SBC entries and was powered by a blown Ardun-headed Ford flathead! I like odd subjects. I airbrushed Tamiya Bright Red (TS-49) over Tamiya White primer. I airbrushed Tamiya Clear (TS-13) over the decals. Lots of scratch built parts (steering, driveshaft hoop, fuel pump, fuel pump bracket, two-pot injector, and roll bar to name a few. I will also have sound when this model is displayed at shows and contests. I recorded several sound files of gassers off of several internet web sites and used AVS Audio Editor software to make a contiguous sound track (WAV file) that is a gasser starting up, idling, a few revs, idling some more, a few more revs, and finally shutting down. I currewntly have an MP3 player and speakers separate from the model but am working on building them into the display.

The decals are available on eBay and also from Scale Auto Details (see http://public.fotki....caleautodetails)

More drag racing decals are coming from Scale Auto Details. Decals for Wally Booth's ProStock Gremlin to go with the recent AMT release should be available in a month. More Willys gasser subjects are in the planing stage along with a few tri-five Chevy gassers.

DSC_5729-th.jpg

DSC_5730-th.jpg

DSC_5731-th.jpg

Here we go again.

[photo id=sbktgfqqdwbbgbrxbsswwgfrtsbr type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

[photo id=sbktgfqftkskstgxbsswwgfrtsbr type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

[photo id=sbktgfwsfgsksdfxbsswwgfrtsbr type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

See if that works.

In fotki, click on the photo's "Share" link, then click at the bottom where it says "More sharing options," then scroll down and where it says "Code for forums," copy that code and paste it here into your post. Like this:

DSC_5729-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Did that and all I got was the code - no picture.

I love anything Ardun powered. Where did you get the blown Ardun from? Either way, I love this style of Willys gasser.

The engine came from eBay but there are lots of great Ardun parts out there. I used heads and a S.C.o.T. blower manifold (which I modified) from Replicas and Miniatures Company of Maryland. The blower was from the Willys kit. I scratch built the bracket that holds the fuel pump from sheet styrene. The headers were from the Willys kit.

It is easy! Don't know why you're having such a hard time. It's just copy and paste. Looks like you have it now.

Thanks. I now have an easy way to post since I can not get the Forum up-loaders to work. There is most likely a conflict with my firewall or antispam software that prevents the uploads. This approach is easy and yields nice size images.

One thing I forgot to mention, when I display this model at shows and contests, it will have SOUND. I have a WAV file that I put together using some recorded gasser sounds and AVS Audio Editor software. I have a small MP3 player and some speakers that currently will be aside of the model but eventually (when I figure it out) will be built into the display. The sond file goes like this;

Gasser starts up, idles, a few revs, idles some more, a few more revs, and shuts down.

I will likely experiment with sound effects (and later lighting) on future builds.