Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Drift Viper

Kyle

I started this car about 5 years ago, and just finally decided to finish it.

This is my 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 drift car. I painted it with automotive touch-up paint from a spray can. The decals were made for me by the owner of Spare Time Hobbies here in Winnipeg. I added a few photo-etch pieces by Model Car Garage, including the spoiler, seat belt hardware, throttle linkage bracket, electric fan, and disc brakes. I turned some parts on my lathe including the engine pulleys, brake booster, fire bottle, nitrous tank, and oil filter. The wheels are from Pegasus. The helmet is from a NASCAR kit. I also added a roll cage.

See my in-progress thread for a few close-up pictures of the engine and interior.

http://www.modelcars...l=+drift +viper

Thanks for looking.

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

Edited by Kyle

Thanks for the comments guys.

I can't remember the exact colour. But like Steve said, it's a Duplicolour green. Maybe a Toyota colour? I painted this a while ago and the can is long gone.

Steve, almost all of my extended family lives in Welland. It's been a few years since I've been down there, but it's a beautiful place.