Model Cars Magazine Forum

Will Revell release "Snake & Mongoose" kits pending the new movie?

They currently have Tom McEwen's Mongoose R/E T/F kit in the lineup. See the review here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52244&hl=mcewen

As for anything Prudhomme related, there was talk about licensing being difficult to obtain, so who knows what can and will happen. iHobby is coming up in a little over six weeks, so we'll see what Revell has for new and reissue kit announcements at that time.

Which Snake/Mongoose kits were you hoping to see re-issued?

They currently have Tom McEwen's Mongoose R/E T/F kit in the lineup.....

Yes! I currently have that one under construction. Just finished stripping the chrome and going to re-spray with Alclad. Look forward to finsihing that one so I can start on an old Prudhomme Monza.

Which Snake/Mongoose kits were you hoping to see re-issued?

Really any of them. I'd like to get the Hot Wheels F/Cs (both ver. I and II). Had to resort to Ebay for the original combo kit of Ver. I.

With the pending release of the new movie based on the drag racers, has anyone heard if Revell will re-release the Snake/Mongoose kits?

V/R

Jerry Little

With the pending release of the new movie based on the drag racers, has anyone heard if Revell will re-release the Snake/Mongoose kits?

V/R

Jerry Little

Pending what movie ?

Contacted Prudhomme's marketing dept to ask them to contact a well known decal company, since Mongoose decals were being done at that time. Got a reply and it simply stated they had no interest in doing such a project. Kind of soured me on Prudhomme in general, and now have sold many of my Prudhomme kits.

Edited by socal76

Contacted Prudhomme's marketing dept to ask them to contact a well known decal company, since Mongoose decals were being done at that time. Got a reply and it simply stated they had no interest in doing such a project. Kind of soured me on Prudhomme in general, and now have sold many of my Prudhomme kits.

That'll teach him.

Prudhomme has always had horrible PR. Years ago I contacted his office about some measurements needed for a replica of the Prudhomme hauler I was building. The response I got was one that read like it was written by an attorney. Many years ago I got a chance to crew ( I should say grunt, tire wipe, parts clean) with McEwen he treated me with respect and appreciated my help. My hauler replica's of both of their trucks will someday get done. Then I take a trip california hot rod reunion and present them to Tom and Don for their personal collection as gifts. But just before I make the presentation to Prudhomme I take a bat out backpack and take great deight by smashing Prudhommes to pieces to show him that I'm sorry that was an unauthorized replica and needed to be destroyed.

Well, I'm not in the movie business but I'd bet there is some marketing deal going on. I can't see them going to all that trouble to put a movie out there and not try to capitalize on the market share. Monogram put the combo out in 1997 (?) so I'm sure they still have some type of business dealings with the two. Hell, to me, the easiest way to make a profit is to let RM reissue the kits. If Prudhomme wants to be a "Richard Cranium" about it, then just issue the kit without his name on it. He can't own the rights to "Hot Wheels" and other sponsors...or can he?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Guys back in 1971 I built a Snake and Mongoose kit.

shortly there after my dad got transfered and most of our stuff went in storage never to be seen again.

My question is, is that combo kit shown in the above post the same as what I built back in 1971 ?

I thought it was a Momogram kit , but that was a long time ago.

Just trying to re-live some of my childhood here...... :D

Where is the best place to pick up one of these combo kits ?

Yes, those are the same kits, the only difference to the originals, other than packaging, are the decals.

Certain logos had to be left off due to licensing issues and fees.

Best place to score one would be ebay or check out the local contest vendors area. Maybe someone around here might have an extra one for trade or....