Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deluxe

Guys, i'm really honored by your comments!! Thanks again.

Now that Bernard said, I noticed that yes, I really misplaced the post. I'm sorry about that!!

I don't know how to move it, so if any of the moderators find it necessary, please, be my guest.

About the paint, I did it with a Tamiya spray can. The secret with Tamiya paint, is NOT to use any primer, and to spray in a heated room. Believe me, that stuff bonds to the plastic without the need of any primer. I just sand the mold lines, and then sand the entire thing with 2000 grid sandpaper, the one used to polish 1:1 cars paints, just to smooth the places were the mold lines were with the rest of the surface. I built a little cabinet inside my garage, just big enough for me and the model, and before painting, I heat it up with an portable heater untill it's about 30 degree Celsius. Then give two mist coats of paint, folowed by more four or five wet (really wet) coats. Don't worry if some detail disapear, when the apint dries, they will all be there, you just have to avoid the paint to run. 90% of times I don't have to buff out the finish.

• 2 years later...

I'm currently working on this kit and I see a lot of issues with the interior fitting right. The door jamb line doesn't look like it lines up with the body. There are no notches to stop the interior bucket from sitting too high. The fenders are fighting me a lot as well. 

I do like that your picture explained to me what to do with the bumper brackets that don't ride properly. Looks like you cut them off the chassis. 

The AMT instructions stink for this kit. 

• 3 months later...