Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why not use the forum for Mag. articles?????

cruz

Hey Greg, here is an idea that might put a few more pages on the model cars Magazine and I think everybody will love it. Seeing that the guys post their pictures of their models here in the forum why not pick some of the best ones and just put them in the next issues. You can dedicate a section on the magazine and title it "Forum Participation Pictures" or something like that. I think it will also rev up the participation on the forum even more. What do you and the guys here in the forum think????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Funny... I've been thinking the same thing! Maybe just a page in the mag, using a forum post. It could be a how-to, under glass, tip, etc... But I think it would help both the forum and mag by cross-advertising each. I know you already use forum post for "Ask G & J". This would be more like the "Picture Lottery", when everybody realizes they may get a magazine shot, and with most post here, some useful info to go with it.

Hey, after seeing those pictures posted from Old Style far away in Germany I think it is a very good idea, those models definetly deserve to be in a magazine!!! B)B) I really think it will boost this forum so high specially seeing how popular our magazine has become............. :(

I've been thinking and saying that since the forum started....HOWEVER...it's not as easy as it seems (and I thought)...For them to print in any kind of resolution, the board postings are not good enough...I'm not exactly sure what it would do, but I don't think it would look very good, probably blurry. Even on the 700x700 I have my Fotki set on.

Most photo hosts don't allow anywhere near that high, and Fotki allows up to 800x800, which I find to be too big to fit on most screens, and it shows that my builds aren't too good :rolleyes:

Now, if you provided the original uploaded photo, that MIGHT could work...It's available on my Fotki under each and every photo, and I posted one or two for Gregg from time to time...But they are HUGE...makes the forum side-scroll, quite a ways at that.

In theory, it's a great idea...Unfortunatly it doesn't translate well.