Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Revell '49 Merc bandwagon

Matt T.

I couldn't resist! Seeing all the in-progress shots lately, I just had to push my uncle's '40 Coupe replica to the corner of the shop and spend a week on a new Merc.

DSC04893-vi.jpg

I'm going to get as close as I can to this stance. It's got Modelhaus Sombreros in Modelhaus T-170 fronts & T-160 rears. (I wanted to go for a little different look with hot rod big & littles.)

DSC04894-vi.jpg

I filled the taillight and front signal holes. Color will be Testors Lacquer Dark Cherry Pearl with a Tamiya Pearl White interior.

DSC04895-vi.jpg

I sanded the hood front smoother to remove those flat spots. Mold lines were gone after one sanding. This kit is awesome. :huh::D

I already have another planned out. :huh:

Revell most definitely hit one out of the park with this one. I'd even call this a walk off grand slam.

What would be interesting would be to know exactly how many OTB projects went into "stalled" status why we all pause to build this great new kit. I know you can count Distinctive motors in for a newly stalled Custom caddy, Enzo, and resin 70 Charger as stalled by the Merc.

Hey Matt, Lookin' good! The Modelhaus wheels and tires give it a different vibe (and they just look right!)

I kept telling myself "No More New Projects!", but like everyone else, I went home last night and started work on mine!

Not only am I stalling other projects, but I'll probably steal the tires and wheels from another project! ;)